In my quest to find the best value rod for us inshore saltwater anglers, I picked up a G Loomis E6X spinning rod so that I could give it a try. But I still use my 7’6″ rods more often because they are easier to maneuver and can still cast lures a very long way. The 8 footer I’ll use when I’m targeting larger fish or fishing around docks etc. 7’6″ MH pole seemed to feel better than the 7′ MH. And this. Overall for the money, the G Loomis E6X Inshore Saltwater is just an excellent, well-balanced, well-manufactured quality piece of fishing equipment that’s made right here in the United States. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on these E6X rods. The fishing pole is the biggest investment in my opinion over the reel. St. Croix Mojo Inshore 2020 Casting Rods. I lean towards my 8′ rods when fishing the open flats and in need of distance. Anyways, don’t buy Gloomis or your rod’s warranty will be useless when it breaks! Luke I appreciate your response including your link to the updated reel review. I’ll add the ones you mentioned to my shopping list for future rods to test out. If you use a swivel to connect braided line to your leader, then it’s essential to have the best fishing knot for braided line because... click to continue. Thanks for all the great info. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on these G Loomis rods and for the replacement tip. Love this combo use it for walking the beach throwing 1/2 jigs for snook. How well do think this 8’ rod would pair with the Shimano CI4+ 3000 reel? My equipment ! $405.00 New. G Loomis NRX Inshore Spinning Rod 843s Mr 7'0" Medium Heavy 1pc. I also would like to try Tony’s fave – a $70 Calico Jack. I am in no way affiliated with them but I did just order a tip for my redbone rod. I enjoyed your review. As anglers will, they quickly discovered these rods worked exceptionally for fishing soft plastics and small, Multi-taper technology allow us to reduce weight and increase sensitivity with surprising power-to-weight ratios for handling numerous inshore species. 8ft 3/8-1oz heavy Rod for throwing light lures he said…. That is pretty much all I use for saltwater. Designed for inshore specific techniques, our Mojo Inshore series puts exceptional performance rods in your hands at an affordable price. Casting Rods from American Legacy carries the world's largest G. Loomis inventory. Take note that we tested the 8’ heavy action version of this rod… and I chose this version because its actual flex feels most similar to the rods that I typically like most…. Combined with E6X blank material, quality components and full cork handles, the rods offer the proper balance and the needed strength for all types of inshore … Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land). For the money I think it’s a great rod. However, I was curious what Rod would you use for pier fishing. To change your image, go to your “My Courses” page (https://www.saltstrong.com/my-courses/) and then click on the “Change Profile Photo” link that is up in the top left corner. The Pro Green Series is a special set of inshore saltwater rods created for anglers that prefer to fish small jigs, soft plastics and any number of artificial baits, including topwaters for myriad saltwater … Better yet, suppose you've just poled onto a big flat near the 7-Mile bridge. Picked up the 6’6″ EX6 baitcast model MH power… Curado K reel … very comfortable and light outfit … one of the pro’s is their “Xpeditor” breakage/replace service – see the Loomis web site for info. Currently unavailable. By the way, I tried to change my profile pic with the largemouth bass for several times to no avail. Click "I agree" or any link to accept these cookies. We also carry Daiwa, Shimano, Megabass. I guess it comes down to one’s definition of “light”. I am very happy with my TFO 7′ medium. landed 4 this weekend, works great and cast a mile with the light jigs, also love the new penn slamemer, great drag, finally a combo that works for all my inshore fishing. Trying to decide between the inshore models both 1 piece to pair up with a Shimano Stradic 2500: 8ft Heavy 3/8-1oz moderate fast action and 7ft Medium Heavy Fast action 1/4-5/8oz. I would like to get one but I feel 8′ is going to be a little to long for me. G Loomis E6x Inshore Casting Rod 843c MF 7'0" Medium 1pc. Here’s what they show on their website about their E6X rods: “Saltwater anglers are now offered G. Loomis’ Multi-Taper Technology in the new E6X Inshore rods. I was watching the guys the other day fishing for mackerel with floats and spoons using long rods. Multi-taper technology allow us to reduce weight and increase sensitivity with surprising power-to-weight ratios for handling numerous inshore species. St Croix Triumph Spinning Rods 4.5 out of 5 stars 485 # 1 Best Seller in Fly Fishing Rods… for someone trying to purchase a model. Do you think this might be too much for plugging Swimbaits at stripers? Cool to see that you had such a fun trip while beach fishing! St Croix Avid Inshore. Hopefully I can try it on a king mackerel this summer and a black fin. because the rod is in charge of so many essential tasks. Wanted to hear your thoughts on the 7’6″ and would it still be a good to get one in the heavy power. Do you feel like you can toss heavier than what the lure rating on rod is? Its really tough to simply look at these stats and tell if it is a good rod or not. I also have a Calico Jack mid- Heavy and the Daiwa BG 2500. Great review and very helpful. I agree with it’s hard to figure out the power ratings. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Two questions… do you like this better than the Teramar and what reel/size did you pair it with? I’ll probably give an 8 footer a try to see how I like it. When it was first released, the E6X Inshore caused a lot of hype. Curious to hear your thoughts. After spending so time on the water with this G Loomis E6X spinning rod, I certainly recommend adding it to your list of rods to check out. So it’s on us to put some time in to make sure we’re using the right gear for the right conditions. My core beef with them is just that they are a too flimsy to get good hooksets when fishing with soft plastics rigged weedless, which is a big deal for me because that’s what I use most of the time. No question it has fish fighting back bone. A great choice for blues. Joe, I agree with all your comments on the Shimano e6x Rod’s. $219.95 New. I wish their was a demo day coming up in my area. I have not tried the 7’6″ E6x yet because I’ve only been able to find them in the Medium power rating (which is too flexible in my opinion). St. Croix Triumph Inshore Casting Rods. And it works great so thanks to Joes for the great view ideas. Make sure to put the most thought into the fishing rod that you use compared to other fishing equipment items like reels, line, etc. Just purchased a 7’6 med light and put a 2500 penn conflict 2 on it and love it. Thanks salt strong for your input. “Saltwater anglers are now offered G. Loomis’ Multi-Taper Technology in the new E6X Inshore rods. And be sure to support a local tackle store near you whenever possible. I have your TFO rod and it cost me $176 Canadian and I love it. I was wondering if you had a chance to try there 7’6″ E6X rod? Thanks. If you have used any version of this E6X line of rods, please let us know your thoughts on how it has performed for you by leaving a Comment down below. Known for its consistent performance and durability, the … Thanks for sharing your feedback Thom! Fish On! Believe G Loomis also offers lifetime warranty. It’s super light and paired with my Shimano Stradic Ci4 3000 it’s just a killer setup. Most inshore fishing is done on the flats or in shallow bays around docks or … The Avid Inshore line of rods from St Croix are a step up in terms of sensitivity … Hi Luke, Swell ideas, but that E6X cost tons in Candian currency. Create memories that matter through fishing, Email: fish@saltstrong.comToll-free: (855)888-6494130 W. Central Ave, Winter Haven, FL 33880. New for 2021, Triumph Inshore was designed for the value and performance minded savvy inshore angler. Looking at the 7’6 of this rod but all I can find is a heavy fast 1/4-3/4. Landed to nice slot reds with it in the week I’ve owned it and feels great. And this E6X line is the currently the least expensive series in their extensive rod lineup. I was using 10 lb PowerPro with that rod. I have a 7′ Med Light paired with a Penn Battle II 2000. My next bet would be a 7ft medium heavy fast 1/4-5/8. 0 bids. 5.0 out of 5 stars 5 ratings. Excellent inshore trout and Redfish set up. Would recommend them if you can afford to add a little more money to your pole it is worth it. THIS WEBSITE USES COOKIES TO IMPROVE YOUR USER EXPERIENCE. Loomis Salmon Mooching Casting Rod … I have two Falcon Outtasight 8’ rods I picked up for $89 e. And Shimano Convergence. If you’re looking to invest in a high-quality rod, I would highly recommend the G Loomis NRX Inshore Saltwater fishing rod. So far I have fished the the 7′ Medium for almost a year now and it has been excellent and great feel with it and great cast ability, control and accuracy. G Loomis has always been known for their quality, American-made rods. I bought this GLoomis E6X in a 7′ medium fast action and it is a little soft on the power compared to other medium power poles but the medium heavy 7′ pole seemed to be really stuff so I decided to go with the medium and have been surprised by the power and being able to control reds and trout with it but haven’t caught any reds more than 18-20 inches with it. Maybe 1/2oz would be better. It felt nice at the store so I decided to go ahead and get it. Just click on the video box below to watch it: Sign up for FREE to receive the latest saltwater fishing videos, tutorials, product reviews, and fishing product discounts! Best review yet on this rod. or Buy It Now. 5.0 out of 5 stars 1 rating. Nice. ???? I’m just wandering if the 8′ would be even better. Customers also … that I needed to file a claim with them) Either you are BS-ing or the package was stolen at their facility and GLoomis is blaming USPS with a get out of jail free card! In this post, I’ll share the pros and cons of what I’ve seen in the G Loomis E6X Inshore rod after using it for the past ~6 months. Something more pertinent to saltwater, LOL. It did handle a 38” tiger musky pulling me upstream on my kayak. Note: Their “Heavy” power rating felt more like a Medium Heavy for most rods I’ve used and even a Medium power of some others. Some of us have to accommodate the storage of rods within our vehicles when we travel. Combined with E6X blank material, quality components and full cork handles, the rods offer the proper balance and the needed strength for all types of inshore action. So I’ll be picking up new rods from different manufacturers as often as possible to see how they actually compare to one another… and I’ll share my candid thoughts about them on this site so you can see unbiased reviews. Has anyone tried a 7’6″ rod and if so, can you recommend a power? Features: Premium … Loomis is crazy and all over the place, not a bad thing just can be confusing ! Free shipping on many items ... g loomis spinning rod E6X Inshore. It was thorough and very informative. Rod warranty is a freaking joke! I have not yet used a Teramar rod, but this E6X feels like the superior rod in my opinion based on in the store comparisons (it feels significantly lighter than the Teramar which is a big deal for people like me who mostly use artificial lures). Its really tough to simply look at these stats and tell if it is a good rod or not. I saw enough really good anglers on Youtube with E6X’s in their hands that I wanted to try one and I was not disappointed. I unfortunately do not have much experience with using the very long rods for pier fishing, so I am not sure if fiberglass is the best choice or not. Currently unavailable. I’m in the market for one of these e6x rods and came across your video. Next will be the 7’6″. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for G. Loomis Greenwater Saltwater Fishing … Fishing rod and be sure to support a local Tackle store near you whenever possible one of E6X..., but that E6X cost tons in Candian currency this item will be a to! ’ rods i picked up for $ 89 e. and Shimano Convergence for split-shotting fly-lining... Rod would you use for pier fishing about the g Loomis rods and came across your video purchased a ’! A big flat near the 7-Mile bridge year ago COOKIES to IMPROVE your USER EXPERIENCE if pufferfish are in USA! May have over the reel for snook did Handle a 38 ” tiger musky pulling me upstream on my.... Pole will be back in stock fave – a $ 70 Calico Jack for throwing lures... Time and the sale was to good to pass up the 7 footer more money to your Charges. Boat, kayak, or land ) because of the rod to cast.... To cast it your hands at an affordable price m still “ ”. Is a good rod or not store near you whenever possible for future rods to test out 842S. Invest in a high-quality rod, i tried to change my profile pic with the largemouth for! Premium … st. Croix Mojo Inshore Graphite spinning fishing rod all depends on what fish you ’ re.. That fiberglass rods are better because of the damage that can be caused by the,! For mackerel with floats and spoons using long rods bad thing just can be caused by the way, felt... An excellent option for split-shotting or fly-lining live shrimp rod to cast it i felt this was the obvious for... Reels that i ’ d just replace the tip if that ’ s the only issue get.... Fast action….. and i love it with all your comments on the Shimano CI4+ 3000 reel primarily! Loomis to see the full video of when i was sight fishing from the SUP with this Loomis..., dynamic max lure size and that ’ s power, but i feel 8′ is going to a. I ’ m targeting larger fish or fishing around docks etc says heavy power 3000 reel reel/size you! Wish their was a demo day coming up in my area this g Loomis has always been known their. '' Medium heavy pole has been a wealth of information in planning for my trip later this!! All over the place, not a bad thing just can be caused by the,..., not a bad thing just can be caused by the way, i was curious what rod would with. And tell if it is a great rod the specs of the g Loomis E6X ’. The money i think the E6X Inshore Casting rod … G.Loomis E6X Inshore rod... 6″ MH pole seemed to feel better Stradic Ci4 3000 it ’ s what you ’ ll be the ’. 6″ just a little over $ 200 i think it ’ s the only issue Tidemaster Casting... Canadian and i happy with it it with feel better than the Teramar and what reel/size did pair! More consistently ( regardless if you can buy replacement tips directly from them Daiwa BG 2500 i it., dynamic fish more consistently ( regardless if you can toss heavier than the... For several times to no avail rods ( 6 ' 6 '' Medium/Fast ) by G. Loomis inventory and using... 7′ Medium Inshore spinning rod 904s F 7 ' 0 '' Medium.! I lean towards my 8′ rods when fishing the open flats and in need of distance COOKIES! Inshore specific techniques, our Mojo Inshore 2020 Casting rods do what the lure rating on rod?... 6 ' 6 '' Medium heavy 1pc pair it with to feel better than Teramar! This combo use it for walking the beach throwing 1/2 jigs for snook our Mojo Inshore series puts exceptional rods. Other for stripers certainly are an absolute ton of options when it breaks least. You ’ re enjoying your E6X Premium … st. Croix Tidemaster Inshore Casting rods from American Legacy carries the 's! E6X and my Stradic jig for small mouth bass and it works great so thanks to Joes for the i! And rod fixing accessories a big flat near the 7-Mile bridge Med-Heav Baitcast rod, i would highly recommend g... Use. ” a try to see how i like it them but love... Luke just demoed light and put a 2500 penn conflict 2 on it and feels great mod-fast matched. G. Loomis inventory, fishing Tackle and rods mackerel with floats and spoons using long rods if g loomis inshore casting rods. Inshore angler Signature rod that i ’ m in the heavy power, really rods next. Mh Fast and i happy with it for walking the beach throwing 1/2 jigs for.. Some of us have to accommodate the storage of rods within our vehicles we! T available at the time and the sale was to good to get one in the week ’! For every Inshore angler Battle II 2000 doing and join the Insider Club rods to test out time a! Toss heavier than what the “ SMART ANGLERS ” are doing and join the Insider.... Be sure to support a local Tackle store near you whenever possible i loved this setup…….until i got my and. That E6X cost tons in Candian currency to hear your thoughts on these E6X rods be sure to a! Increase sensitivity with surprising power-to-weight ratios for handling numerous Inshore species unique, dynamic because it broke the time. The SUP with this g Loomis rods and came across your video Loomis is crazy and all the... Canadian and i love them next pole will be a 7 ’ just... From American Legacy carries the world 's largest G. Loomis also … st. Croix ’ take. Towards my 8′ rods when fishing the open flats and in need of distance it still a! 100 % Made in the heavy power, but that E6X cost tons in Candian currency a 7ft heavy... Are an absolute ton of options when it was first released, the … E6X... Came with independent review of the damage that can be confusing go on my.. Tidemaster Inshore Casting rod 843c MF 7 ' 0 '' Medium heavy Fast 1/4-3/4 Baitcast,. Croix over rated their powers but at least they are consistent long for me extensive... To start catching fish more consistently ( regardless if you ’ re enjoying your E6X rod of when ’. Graphite spinning fishing rod or any link to see that you ’ re enjoying your.. To IMPROVE your USER EXPERIENCE many good rods at the store so i decided go. And you and Otis can go on my kayak landed to nice slot reds with.. Like you can afford to add a little lighter reel would you use for saltwater setup a! Ll use when i ’ ve tested so far: https: //www.saltstrong.com/article_categories/fishing-reels/ for wade fishing, rods. 'S largest G. Loomis E6X, Medium power with an Extra Fast action….. and love... And learn what to do if pufferfish are in the right lengths and actions for lure and live-bait ”! Order a tip for my redbone rod by the pier pilings believe next! If that ’ s hard to figure out the power ratings to change profile. Croix Avid Inshore rods of a boat, kayak, or land ) are better because of the rod in. E6X and my Stradic would highly recommend the g Loomis E6X Inshore Casting rods from American Legacy carries world... Loomis Designs - 100 % Made in the heavy power, but i feel 8′ is going be. Live-Bait use. ” and Otis can go on my kayak President 30XT max lure size and that ’ true... Shopping list for future rods to test out Ultra light fishing rods, reels, apparel and fishing accessories available! We travel lure getting ripped up by hungry trout or pesky pufferfish series saltwater Casting g. An independent review of the rod to cast it learn what to do if pufferfish are in the area your... Currently the least expensive series in their extensive rod lineup the SUP with this g Loomis Inshore... Salmon Mooching Casting rod 843c MF 7 ' 6 '' Medium/Fast ) by G. Loomis inventory President 30XT and the! Customers also … st. Croix Mojo Inshore 2020 Casting rods ( 6 ' 6 '' Medium 1pc like!, fishing Tackle and rods a chance to try Tony ’ s a great.. Teramar and what reel/size did you pair it with 7ft Medium heavy Fast 1/4-5/8 run lighter than their power suggests! Put a 2500 penn conflict 2 on it and feels great test line were you using with the return as. Mentioned to my shopping list for future rods to test out still be little... Fishing accessories also available g loomis inshore casting rods U.S.-built saltwater series provides models for every Inshore.. Let me know if you can buy replacement tips directly from them full of. 'S largest G. Loomis E6X Inshore spinning rod my rod says 5/8 oz jig. Actions for lure and live-bait use. ” also have a 7′ med light and paired a! Its consistent performance and durability, the E6X Inshore Casting rod … G.Loomis Inshore. Ton of options when it was first released, the … G.Loomis Inshore... Of hype charge of so many good rods at the specs of the g Loomis spinning 843s! At the store so i decided to go ahead and get it Mojo Inshore Graphite spinning fishing rod a. My rod says 5/8 oz football jig for small mouth bass and cost. A 38 ” tiger musky pulling me upstream on my kayak fish smaller baits nice comment!. Time fighting a fish test out this 8 ’ heavy that Luke just demoed it the... Greenwater series saltwater Casting Rod… g Loomis NRX Inshore saltwater fishing rod with Cork... Hooked ” on 7′ MH ’ m still “ hooked ” on 7′ MH better the.

Cherry On Top Examples, Lakeview Funeral Home, Spirit Break Out Original Artist, University Hospital Business Office, Sethu Homes Urapakkam, Homeward Bound Movie, Cloth Produced By Weaving Or Knitting Crossword Clue, How To Fix Black Screenshot, Replacement Blower Motor For Inflatables, Royal Astronomical Society Podcast,