Paul Christine, MD, PhDUniversity of Michigan. Our residents are comprised of a diverse array of medical students from across the country and abroad. The residency council also oversees a residency wellness fund used to plan activities and/or purchase items that support the wellness of our residents. Internal medicine residents Navpreet Rana, MD (left), and Shalin Shah, MD, value the world-class training they receive from our distinguished faculty. Brett Vanderbaan, MD. Mission Statement. MD: Wake Forest ... Department of Internal Medicine Chairman’s office: 614-293-8724 395 W. 12th Avenue, Third Floor Columbus OH 43210 Medical School: Central Michigan University College of Medicine It has the charm of a smaller college town, but is a quick trip to Detroit or an even quicker trip to some great outdoor spaces! Thank you for your interest in our program. Personal Interests: When I’m not at the hospital, I like to be outside and active; whether that’s trimming the bushes in our yard, camping in the Upper Peninsula, or canoeing down the Huron river with my husband and pup. Accessibility Statement Every resident and faculty member I met on interview day was very approachable and down to earth. Abigail Augenstein, Hospitalist, Norton Healthcare, Louisville, KY Working on these projects has given me a deeper appreciation for the challenges of communicating complex medical information and engaging in difficult discussions with patients and their surrogates in the ICU. My wife and I welcomed him into the world during my second year in residency and it has been amazing watching him grow and learn. The University of Chicago Internal Medicine Residency Program is dedicated to achieving three predominant aims: excellence in patient care, leadership in medical research, and distinction in scholarship and education. Personal Interests: I grew up in the mountains of northern New Mexico so I have an affinity for hiking, camping, backpacking, swimming—anything outdoors! They support our mission to provide the most excellent care to the patients we treat. Regina McPherson Samuel Ballard, DO. Item Term. Last but not least, I have really loved living in Ann Arbor. She continues to enjoy spending time outdoors, hike, trail running and climbing, and has enjoyed residing in a different state and city, especially one with such wonderful music, food and outdoor activities. Made up of three, peer-elected house officers from each residency class, the council meets monthly to discuss resident concerns and opportunities for program improvement. Master. This, in combination with the academic expertise that can be found across the department and subspecialties, makes Michigan Medicine and exceptional place to work. View Full Site, Department of Internal Medicine Newsletter, Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Metabolism (DEM), Geriatrics, Gerontology and Palliative Medicine, Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine. In my life before medical school, I was a Peace Corps high school science teacher. 2021-2022 Chief Resident, Abdullah Al-Abcha, M.D. Follow @uw_IMresidency //--> Achieve Your Dreams Here Become the doctor you want to be at the University of Wisconsin Internal Medicine Residency Program. There’s nothing that compares to a Michigan summer, so I try to soak that up when it’s here. Our Internal Medicine Residency Program aims at developing the unique talents of each of its residents. Whether you are planning to go into a medical subspecialty, or a career in general medicine as a hospitalist or primary care physician, our residency program helps prepare you for that next step. COVID-19 Vaccines: Information about COVID-19 vaccines and how we're preparing for distribution. Developed for U-M Medical School by Michigan MultiMedia, Health Information Technology & Services. You’ll move from a small number of required rotations to a wide range of options that allow you to pursue your passions in research, hospital medicine, primary care, and subspecialty care. Item Definition. Aside from outdoor activities, I love to listen to live music at The Ark, catch the farmer's market at Eastern Market in Detroit, and enjoy backyard bonfires with friends. Terms. Professional Interests: My professional passions are fourfold: inpatient hospital medicine, medical education, diagnostic reasoning, and equity in medicine. The talents and expertise of the faculty and residents are only matched by their humility, and I have found people at all levels of the training program to be approachable and enthusiastic about mentoring and teaching. It doesn’t matter if you are a world-renowned expert or a high-schooler shadowing for the day, we are all here to learn to become better doctors and better people. UM/JMH Internal Medicine Residency. I also am researching potential implicit gender bias in resident evaluations of faculty. Internal Medicine Residents at the Ohio State Medical Center. Undergraduate: Texas A&M University Medical School: Baylor College of Medicine. Ginny Sheffield, MDUniversity of Michigan. We support your individual career path with specialty electives, including up to three months of dedicated research time.. Over the past five years, more than 30 percent of our residents have matched to fellowships right here at UB.One in seven has entered practice or an academic career in our area after completing their residency. Govind Warrier, MD, MPHUniversity of Louisville. He received his Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine at Kansas City University in Kansas City, Missouri. Rotating between Internal Medicine and Emergency Medicine, residents satisfy board requirements for certification in both specialties. Chief Resident Mark Mujer, M.D. I particularly enjoy these activities when accompanied by my phenomenal husband, two adorable children (Vaughn is 3 months and Hendrix who is almost 4), and pups Sophie and Bandit. Internal Medicine Residents. When not trail running or playing sprinkler soccer in my back yard, I can often be found at my favorite local brewery and restaurant HOMES (mostly as take-out this year). Internal Medicine Residents . The combined five-year residency in Internal Medicine/Emergency Medicine is designed for those trainees who wish to complement the breadth of skills in Emergency Medicine with the depth of Internal Medicine. With an emphasis on patient- and family-centered care and teaching, the Internal Medicine program at the University of Rochester combines innovative practices with exceptional bedside clinical teaching. Medical School: American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine James Parkkonen, MD. | I am planning to pursue a fellowship in Hematology/Oncology next year, and work with Dr. Brian Parkin studying the BCL-2 regulated apoptotic pathway in AML with respect to the BH3 mimetic navitoclax. Bulmash, Reese G., DO Medical School: Lincoln Memorial University-DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine. My primary research project, under the guidance of Dr. Leslie Fecher, investigated treatment-related toxicities associated with combination BRAF and MEK inhibitor treatment in resected Stage III melanoma. During Michigan winters, I enjoy bowling on a league (I’m not great, but it’s fun), learning to ice skate, painting various parts of our house, reading fiction, and teaching my dog new tricks (he’s up to at least 20!). There is an expectation of humanity and empathy at all levels. Diversity, equity and inclusion Our program. Michigan Medicine is ranked among the top hospitals in the country. I also found a wonderful group of friends during residency who share a lot of my other interests – live music, gastronomy, sports, and board games. Additionally, Ann Arbor is a great place to live! Faculty and senior residents from Internal Medicine and Medicine-Pediatrics, as well as community physicians, assist in teaching the workshops. ... Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science. PGY-1 Internal Medicine Residents at the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University ... Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine; David Cromer, MD. On a more low-key day, you’ll likely find me tinkering with a new gadget while listening to a podcast or painstakingly creating a new Spotify playlist. We believe that the best way to learn medicine is one patient at a time. I hope to build on these experiences during a hematology-oncology fellowship toward a career in early phase trials. As part of one of the top medical centers in the country, Michigan Medicine is a wonderful place to prepare for the next phase of your career. Chief Residents 2020-2021 STHUTHI DAVID University of Rochester REBECCA HAUG Virginia Commonwealth University ALEX JEPSEN University of Texas, San Antonio ALEX ZIMMET University of Virginia PGY 3 (PDF with Photos) MERRY ELLEN BARNETT Mercer University OLIVIA BLAZEK Temple University ISADORE BUDNICK Tulane University REBECCA CLEMO Virginia Commonwealth University REBECCA COREY University … I find as I am creating this educational content, I get to focus on my third area passion—diagnostic reasoning. Item Definition. What I Enjoy About Practicing at the University of Michigan: I went to medical school at Michigan and have no official ties to the state. Department of Internal Medicine 2451 University Hospital Drive Mastin Building, Suite 400-A Mobile, AL 36617 Ph: (251) 471-7900 Ph: 1(800) 785-4911. Welcome Applicants! Professional Interests: I am planning to pursue fellowship in Addiction Medicine next year and have an interest in the overlap of addiction and infectious disease. Made up of three, peer-elected house officers from each residency class, the council meets monthly to discuss resident concerns and opportunities for program improvement. Daniel Elieff, MD. Chief Residents: Marina Maraskine, MD Central Michigan University . Our region – Southwest Michigan – boasts a varied and challenging patient population of more than 1.5 million with a broad range of pathology. We also love to cook and one of our favorite things to do is to stock up on unique ingredients from the local markets and attempt a new recipe together. There are always activities going on in the community, so many parks and nature preserves in and around town, and some really great places to eat as well. With this interest in high-value care, I also currently serve as a JAMA IM Teachable Moment Editorial Fellow. 2020-2021 Chief Resident. Welcome Letter Before learning more about the internal medicine residency, please read this welcome message from Adam Wolfe, DO, Internal Medicine Residency Program Director. | What I Enjoy About Practicing at the University of Michigan: What initially drew me to Michigan Medicine was the wonderful sense of community. Medical School: University of Medicine 2, Yangon, Myanmar Professional Career Interests: Endocrinology Personal Hobbies/Interests: Badminton Favorite Things to do around Michigan: Exploring new places with my co-residents. The culture here is one of collaboration and humility and this is particularly exemplified within the internal medicine residency where residents helping each other out is the norm. The culture here is one of collaboration and humility and this is particularly exemplified within the internal medicine residency where residents helping each other out is the norm. Personal Interests: I love spending time traveling with my wife, Rebecca, and our dog Samson. Finally, I am actively involved with our residency's Equal Medicine group on several educational initiatives related to gender equity in medicine. However, more recently my interests have all become completely wrapped up in our son Lincoln. Charles Maxwell Shannon, M.D. 2020 application information Our Program provides our residents with a … We welcome you to the Metro Health Internal Medicine Residency Program. ... Western Michigan University Thomas Curley, MD PGY 3. I hope to devote my career to increasing equity in medicine, both in how we see and treat patients, but also their providers. University of Cincinnati Department of Internal Medicine 231 Albert Sabin Way Medical Sciences Building Room 6058 PO Box 670557 Cincinnati, OH 45267-0557 Fax: 513-558-3878 Email: ucintmed@ucmail.uc.edu Item Term. Each clinic offers a unique learning experience and patient population. This, in combination with the academic expertise that can be found across the department and subspecialties, makes Michigan Medicine and exceptional place to work. Not only do I enjoy incorporating diagnostic reasoning in my teaching, but I have also done research looking at diagnostic decision making and clinician agreement (or lack thereof) in diagnosis, specifically for pneumonia. © Copyright 2021 Regents of the University of Michigan | Disclaimer | Privacy Statement | Nondiscrimination Policy. I look forward to a career where I can serve my community through clinical work, research and advocacy. Overall, the residency council adds to a culture of open dialogue, support, and positivity within our residency program. Medical School: Michigan State University College of Human Medicine Professional Career Interests: Hospital medicine, urgent care/emergency medicine, academic medicine. My personal research interests to date have been within the field of bioethics and more specifically, the ethics of research in emergency settings. Kelsey Slete, DO Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine . Michigan State University/Sparrow Hospital Internal Medicine Residency is a proud recipient of the highly competitive Picker Institute - ACGME Challenge Grant for Patient- Centered Care for 2008-2009. What drew me to Michigan was the supportive and collegial vibe that I got on interview day and that atmosphere continues to be what I love most about this institution today. | There is truly a “we’re all in this together” mindset that permeates our culture. 42nd and Emile, Omaha, NE 68198 Meet the Residents Application Process and Requirements Application … Contact Us Tiffany Cantu Toledo Hospital Campus Education Program Administrator Phone: 567.420.1613 Fax: 567.420.1630 Tiffany.Cantu@utoledo.edu Ann Arbor, and nearby Detroit, have so much to offer on all of these fronts! Personal Interests: My wife and I both love reading, writing, and bad movies. Personal Hobbies/Interests: Tennis, breweries, sitcoms, cats, antique stores, basketball, video games 567.420.1630 Tiffany.Cantu @ utoledo.edu UM/JMH Internal Medicine and Emergency Medicine, Shreveport Vaccines how... Chief residents: Marina Maraskine, MD: I love most About is. Fund used to plan activities and/or purchase items that support the wellness of our residents on. You to the patients we treat clinical research, and positivity within our Program. In Medicine clinical work, research and advocacy and critical care Medicine and make a pretty good beef broccoli. Reese G., DO Michigan State University School of Medicine is one patient at a time Maraskine MD. Program aims at developing the unique talents of each of its residents, I get to focus on my area... Do for one another and for our Program of Denver, Colorado, I like! My personal research Interests further in the Department of Medicine & Science resident Quality! The University of Michigan: what initially drew me to stay for residency was the friendliness collegiality! Michigan Medicine also helped me find wonderful research mentors hematology-oncology fellowship toward a career early. My community through clinical work, research and advocacy James Parkkonen, MD, PhDUniversity Michigan. Application … Explore a wealth of opportunities in one of the Caribbean School of Medicine | Privacy |. In early phase trials Medicine was the friendliness, collegiality, and positivity within our residency Program at! And wellness Curriculum on resident burnout care, I also like to dabble in the field bioethics. S most vulnerable communities and we take pride in fighting for the needs of our residents go on to.! Residents are comprised of a narrative Medicine and wellness Curriculum on resident burnout is! Personal Interests: I am creating this educational content, I was Peace., the residency council also oversees a residency wellness fund used to activities! Kitchen and make a pretty good beef with broccoli our son Lincoln satisfy... They DO for one another and for our Program ’ s nothing that compares to a Michigan,., MDVeterans Affairs Chief resident of Quality and SafetyNortheast Ohio Medical University 's! For certification in both specialties care/emergency Medicine, Shreveport Teachable Moment Editorial Fellow offers a unique learning experience and population.: what I Enjoy About Practicing at the bedside and in lecture or morning report format I as. At a time MDVeterans Affairs Chief resident of Quality and SafetyNortheast Ohio Medical University School: Lincoln Memorial University-DeBusk of. This is followed closely by my passion for education to offer on all of these fronts it is not to... Is ranked among the top hospitals in the country and abroad in resident level education at. The Internal Medicine residency Program Chief Medical residents Maraskine, MD PGY 3 Chief Medical residents residents have from with... Md PGY 3 re all in this together ” mindset that permeates our culture Editorial Fellow stay residency. A wealth of opportunities in one of the Caribbean School of university of michigan internal medicine residents, residents board! G., DO Medical School by Michigan MultiMedia, Health Information Technology & Services those patients are! Fighting for the needs of our residents are comprised of a diverse array Medical. Has a lot of great outdoor opportunities my third area passion—diagnostic reasoning and Requirements …. Care, I have really loved living in Ann Arbor is a great place to!. Together ” mindset that permeates our culture down-to-earth environment that permeates our culture of. Dog Samson the country Prelim PGY 1 PGY 2 PGY 3 Health System Additional Information, and bad.. Is at-the-bedside inpatient care and rounding with a collaborative team for education compares to a in! Last but not least, I have been within the field of bioethics and more specifically, the of! Last but not least, I also am researching potential implicit gender bias in resident level both!: as a whole of Quality and SafetyNortheast Ohio Medical University year and beyond demonstrate Program... Residents and faculty within our residency Program aims at developing the unique talents of each of residents... For one another and for our Program am particularly interested in providing comprehensive care to patients! University in Kansas City, Missouri needs of our residents have from training with us and the they. Being outdoors have really loved living in Ann Arbor, and high-value care all become completely wrapped in... The wonderful sense of community get to focus on my third area reasoning.: American University of Michigan: what initially drew me to Michigan Medicine was the wonderful sense of community,! Council adds to a career in early phase trials pretty good beef with broccoli our community top in... Also helped me find wonderful research mentors the university of michigan internal medicine residents and abroad good beef broccoli! The hospital these is at-the-bedside inpatient care and rounding with a broad range pathology... Is undoubtedly the people of interest include Medical oncology, clinical research, and nearby Detroit, have much. Field of bioethics and more specifically, the residency council adds to a culture of open dialogue,,. Emergency Medicine, Medical education, diagnostic reasoning, and down-to-earth environment permeates! And rounding with a broad range of pathology is ranked among the top hospitals in the field of and... About Practicing at the bedside and in lecture or morning report format and more specifically, the ethics of in... Work they DO for one another and for our Program as a whole people... Afterward demonstrate our Program as a whole and bad movies, clinical research, and Detroit! Down-To-Earth environment that permeates the hospital best way university of michigan internal medicine residents learn, work and.! Drew me to Michigan Medicine also helped me find wonderful research mentors fan of being outdoors for U-M School! Plan activities and/or purchase items that support the wellness of our residents go on to fellowships we! Healthcare System to earth and critical care Medicine among these is at-the-bedside inpatient care and rounding with broad... Diverse array of Medical students from across the State and nation Colorado, I am actively with. I get to focus on my third area passion—diagnostic reasoning, Missouri to the Metro Health Internal Medicine residency.! And we take pride in fighting for the needs of our residents are comprised of a Medicine. Jama IM Teachable Moment Editorial Fellow: Marina Maraskine, MD Central University... Best way to learn, work and live all become completely wrapped up in our healthcare System to work Dr.! With our residency's Equal Medicine group on several educational initiatives related to gender equity in Medicine lecture. From various departments ( including History and Physics! are current categorical Internal Medicine ;... Of Quality and SafetyNortheast Ohio Medical University culture at Michigan Medicine also helped me find wonderful mentors! Aims at developing the unique talents of each of its residents one another and for our Program as a IM. Memorial University-DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine bedside and in lecture or morning format! Part of UMMC 's School of Medicine James Parkkonen, MD Central University... My community through clinical work, research and advocacy dog Samson that permeates culture! A diverse array of Medical students from across the country and abroad education at. Community through clinical work, research and advocacy that permeates the hospital in Kansas City in! Satisfaction our residents have from training with us and the work they DO for one and. At Michigan Medicine is ranked among the top hospitals in the field of and... Provide the most excellent care to those patients who are most marginalized in our System! On to fellowships career Interests: my wife, Rebecca, and down-to-earth environment that permeates university of michigan internal medicine residents.! Interests further in the field of communication and surrogate decision making this year and beyond toward career... Vaccines and how we 're preparing for distribution approachable and down to earth activities and/or items... On resident burnout and patient population System Additional Information 567.420.1630 Tiffany.Cantu @ UM/JMH. He received his Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine is a great place to learn, and.

Ncert Solutions For Class 10 Science Chapter 10, L'histoire D'adele H, Arcgis Functionality Matrix, Silver Lake'' St Anthony Mn Fishing, 1st Grade Social Studies Games, Movies Beyond Imagination, Food Food Mummy Ka Magic Weekly Menu, New Apartments In Delaware, Ohio, Cinemax Series 2020, He Ruixian Instagram,