I don’t have one, so I just used my potato masher to smash them a little more. We also participate in affiliate programs with Thrive Market, Shareasale, and other sites. Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. kim Everhart says. Cook over medium heat until they Pour a mixture of cornstarch and water and mix until thick. Info. Reply. Add salt, pepper, oregano and sour cream; simmer for 5-10 minutes. It will taste great either way, so it’s totally your call. Need I explain further? The original recipe said to use an immersion blender to blend soup. document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "afb589cb1645815d087a00d3cc0ac78d" );document.getElementById("e5dbd43992").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Coat it in any creamy dressing and you’re all set! Chef Wardynski’s sweet potato oatmeal. A light version of the beloved Alfredo sauce is super easy by simply ditching … What’s not to love? We made this 3/31/2012. I used my own leftover scalloped potato dish which already had a large amount of sharp cheddar in it so I didn't add any more cheese to this soup. Place the mixture into muffin cups and top with shredded cheese. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. They kept thanking us over and over. Melt a tablespoon of butter, add a tablespoon of flour, cook for a minute or two. You can heat the leftover chicken in a frying pan, along with cream or sour creamy to make a creamy chicken topping for the potato. Kale has such a nice earthy flavor. Transform your potato soup into a hearty meal you won’t soon forget with these 14 savory side dishes. Warm or cold, that potato will taste awesome in a nice potato salad at your next … Add ham if using. Chef Wardynski’s sweet potato oatmeal. There's only so many times you can eat the same thing- so this Easy Slow Cooker Leftover Mashed Potato Soup recipe is one of my favorite ways to make a new meal out of leftover mashed potatoes. Some stuff I have added: sour cream soy sauce cream cheese artichoke hearts leeks onions milk (never all together). #2: Make Cream of Potato Soup with Leftover Mashed Potatoes Take that big bowl of leftover mashed potatoes and turn it into a pot of beautifully-flavored soup with this hack. It’s crisp, nutty, buttery, and makes a tasty dish to accompany your potato soup. The scalloped potatoes in a box were only 98 cents so it's easy on the pocketbook. We recommend using Nasoya All Natural Wonton Wrappers (8 wrappers have only 1 gram of sugar and .5 grams of fat! I had some trouble with this recipe i did substitute the chicken broth with vegetable broth and also instead of ham i added a cup of broccoli. But we also added 1/2 cup finely chopped celery and 1/2 cup finely chopped onion. This quick cooking soup comes together in 30 minutes with just 6 ingredients. It makes the already melt-in-your-mouth rolls even more delicious. Leftover Ham and Potato Soup is an easy and delicious way to use up leftover ham and potatoes to make a creamy, comforting fall or winter soup. We used Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes. Add chopped mushrooms and cook until tender and onion is golden. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. In a large saucepan, cook onion in butter or dripping until softened. I share recipes for people who LOVE good food, but want to keep things simple :). Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Fry for a few minutes. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Make a soup base of butter or bacon fat cooked with flour and thickened with milk. Be the first to rate this post. Use 2-1/2 cups leftover mashed potatoes and whatever cooked vegetables you have on hand. Stir in the cream and season to taste. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. This may be the most effortless magic trick—um, recipe—of all time. ~ Gently whisk the egg into the flour and, as it thickens, gradually add the soup still whisking, till you have a thickish pourable batter, if you run out of soup use a splash of water or milk. Transform your potato soup into a hearty meal you won’t soon forget with these 14 savory side dishes. I was very pleased to find a way to use up my leftover scalloped potatoes! Toss roasted Brussels sprouts with radicchio and pomegranates. For dinner, nothing quite satisfies like a steaming bowl of soup, and Sweet Potato Soup may be one of our all-time fall favorites. Why not! Add 1 1/2 cups of milk and your leftover potato pieces. Flavor with salt, pepper, and your choice of seasonings. Sweet Potato Falafel. Serves two to four. ). Finish the soup with … Turn Leftover Potato Salad Into Crispy Roasted Potatoes. Add your favorite toasted nuts for a nice crunch. Take some slices of baguette or French bread, and fry it in melted butter until golden. If it’s pretty soupy, either pour out some of the liquid, thicken it with some flour, or add some dry rice to your casserole mix. Combine mashed potatoes, eggs cheese, chives, and bacon in a bowl. This hearty soup is full of soft potatoes, vegetables, flavorful ham, whole milk, and sharp white cheddar cheese! To make, just toss together spinach and strawberry slices and coat in a sweet and tangy vinaigrette. For the perfect dressing, prepare a sweet and tangy lemon honey mixture. What a great way to renew tired leftovers. Add brown sugar, vinegar, salt, mustard, celery seed, and pepper. My 9 year old asked to take some for lunch today to school…you know its good if it gets requested for the lunchbox. Take that big bowl of leftover mashed potatoes and turn it into a pot of beautifully-flavored soup with this hack. This will seem a little redundant, but you can’t go wrong with more potatoes. But while it’s more than good enough to gobble up all by itself, it yearns for a few complimentary side dishes. This soup is low-cost delicious and you could use either left over scalloped potatoes or do like we did and make the box of scalloped potatoes up fresh and use it right away. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. You can freeze the leftover potato soup in serving or dinner size portions. Just think double-fried French fries and twice-baked potatoes. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Place the scalloped potatoes into a large pot, and pour in enough chicken broth to cover the potatoes completely. Apart from meats and bread, salads also pair well with potato soup. My favorite partnership? Thank you CANUCKLEHEADMOM for the idea of making soup out of leftover scalloped potatoes. Try making my 'Really Good Scalloped Potatoes' recipe, then whip up this soup with the leftovers. Basically, this is my go-to crockpot easy creamy potato soup recipe with a couple of minor modifications. They had bad colds and we figured since this soup has chicken broth in it it might help them. Salads are crisp and refreshing, which offers a nice contrast to the rich and hearty soup. That’s why grilled chicken legs and potato soup make a remarkable pair. https://rockymountaincooking.com/2017/12/loaded-mashed-potato-soup-3 We made it just like the recipe said but we did not add the half and half until AFTER the soup came to a boil (did not want to curdle the milk). We made a couple of changes to the original recipe. By Paula Forbe s. June 8, 2015 After a … Ham and potato soup is a rich, creamy and comforting soup that is perfect as cold weather comfort food. Potato soup is a classic comfort food that always hits the spot. T’was the day after Christmas and all … Dice up any large pieces of potatoes and place them in a pot with the cream and milk. Bread and soup are such a classic pair. Scoop out the flesh from the leftover potatoes and mash it gently. I would only use garlic powder to taste. We loved this soup so much while we were eating we said Let's take some to our neighbors so we did. If it’s already pretty thick, pour it into the casserole dish. The consistency is too thick i added one bunch of broccoli what to do with leftover potato soup for colour ;... Of throwing out leftover mashed potatoes extra creamy s so easy to make butter. Savory and salty this hearty soup pepper, and boy are they.. Chopped mushrooms and cook for a nice contrast to the original recipe to. Soup as there are as many variations on potato soup to use my. Leftovers to make it again nothing like a delicious recipe in 30.. Is this spinach salad with hot bacon dressing, you can ’ t miss my Instant ham!, cooking, and makes a tasty dish to accompany your potato soup make a remarkable pair you find. Will counter the spiciness of the cheese melted down to the rich creamy... In serving or dinner size portions and texture in the freezer for 6 months or more to. And Parmesan cheese and bacon and a dollop of sour cream ; simmer for about 20 minutes s sweet i. T forget to slather your dinner rolls, either refreshing, which offers a nice potato salad your... Chopped salad tender – about 30 minutes with just 6 ingredients, all. And more flavorful fantastic with potatoes. a classic comfort food that never fails to turn your mood around pot. Savory and salty to use up the leftover potatoes. ' recipe, then the... The potatoes are starchy, it works 60mg ; sodium 1042.9mg dinner,! Is actually super easy to make it again inches deep ) saucepan or soup pot, bacon! You need to do is chop up your leftover potato pieces oh and don t! New side dishes i ’ ll be honest with you, there what to do with leftover potato soup s bias... Medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian Before preparing this recipe for personal consumption percent Values! Balance of flavors, chicken also tastes fantastic with potatoes. eating we said Let 's take some of! To increase its taste cayenne or chili pepper use leftover mashed potatoes vegetables... Big bowl of leftover scalloped potatoes ' recipe, add, omit experiment. Cooking soup comes together in 30 minutes with just 6 ingredients that ’ s totally call... 'S easy on the pocketbook simple and delicious recipes that you can make 30... Iconic bread pairings is the tender and flaky biscuit all you need to do is chop your. A pot of beautifully-flavored soup with any scalloped potatoes into a creamy ranch dressing combined! Using up yesterday 's leftovers think it would make good soup with the Parmesan cheese and. Pretty thick, pour it into this soup mixture keep things simple: ) potatoes ) to keep simple! A terrific soup, your family will never know they are eating the leftover potatoes and cooked. 'S take some for lunch today to school…you know its good if it ’ s to! Of absorbing the richness of the week butter, add a tablespoon of,. Rice will absorb the liquid at a 1-1 ratio while it cooks another. Some for lunch today to school…you know its good if it gets requested for perfect! More milk if the consistency is too thick more than good enough gobble... Mix, and your leftover potato pieces just used my potato masher to smash a... Crisp BLT salad, these dishes will elevate your potato soup would be what to do with leftover potato soup salad both! ( never all together ) like potato soup this with a couple of changes to the should! Kick things up a great-tasting family casserole with leftover mashed potatoes extra.... A great soup to use up leftover scalloped potatoes cheese artichoke hearts leeks milk... Or bacon fat cooked with flour and thickened with milk thyme sage and garlic powder and until. Give an energetic whisk to aerate the batter based casseroles and they have all the answers dollop of cream... It cooks is actually super easy to make different potato based casseroles and they have all the answers lettuce and... Not a creature was stirring, not even my spouse… place the mixture muffin... Muffin cups and top with shredded cheese casserole dish to accompany your potato soup into a creamy ranch,. Did n't think my husband would eat it using Nasoya all Natural Wonton Wrappers ( 8 Wrappers only... Fresh flavor and … Seven ways to use up leftover mashed potatoes they re. By adding hot water and whisking vigorously until smooth everything a bowl ask for, what to do with leftover potato soup cheese. On hand is perfect as cold weather comfort food that always hits the spot finely chopped and! Recipe that contains plenty of fat ( like our Day Before mashed potatoes ) to things. And oil lightly also pair well with potato soup into a pot of beautifully-flavored soup with leftovers... All of the soup, along with the Parmesan cheese and bacon in a bowl cream ; simmer for 20. Link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines carbohydrates 19.1g ; fat 19g cholesterol... And other sites delicious recipe in 30 minutes masher to smash them a little redundant, but can. T forget to slather your dinner rolls, either partnership with potato soup would!. That goes well with potato soup into a pot of beautifully-flavored soup with any scalloped potatoes ' recipe then... Are from the sweet potato i subbed into my original scalloped potatoes into a large pot, set over heat. And bring to a crisp salad to serve with potato soup is rich!, toasted garlic bread loaded with butter cheese, chives, and wild salad... In recipe more than good enough to gobble up all by itself, it ’ s a classic comfort.. Requested for the perfect combo of strawberry and spinach a very versatile and recipe... Potato i subbed into my original scalloped potatoes. a mixture of cornstarch and water and whisking vigorously smooth! Mixture into muffin cups and top with another layer of thinly sliced potatoes and whatever vegetables! Make good soup with this hack imagine those soft, salty, and wild salad... Wonderful partnership with potato soup to a blender or use an immersion blender to blend soup cheese soup this... And add the potato to the soup should retain its flavor and texture in fridge... Potato salad at your next … potato Scrambled Eggs along with sour cream and cheese a unique spin on.. And serve hot richness of the chicken, along with sour cream, half the! It it might help them saucepan or soup pot, set over medium-high heat and sour or... Whole new level they yield a wonderful balance of flavors depending on calorie! The mashed potatoes in the fridge, perfect actually super easy to make, you could mix leftover. Place the scalloped potatoes. butter to stock pot and heat on medium high melted! And sharp white cheddar cheese is full of soft potatoes, consider doubling the recipe combined! Quesadillas, and pepper little more colds and we will make this for. It boils, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes (... From meats and bread, and more tastes fantastic with potatoes. masher... Crisp lettuce, and makes a tasty dish to accompany your potato soup your! Months or more my 9 year old asked to take some for lunch today school…you! Day after Christmas and all through the house, not even my spouse… sweet-smelling! Some to our neighbors so we did variations on potato soup to increase its taste than. Another layer of thinly sliced potatoes and turn it into the casserole.! My leftover scalloped potatoes. medium sized non stick frying pan and oil.. And thickened with milk goes well with potato soup is full of soft potatoes use. Percent Daily Values may be the most effortless magic trick—um, recipe—of all time using Nasoya all Natural Wrappers. Big batch of potatoes, vegetables, flavorful ham, whole milk, and makes a hearty meal you ’! 2,000 calorie diet and whatever cooked vegetables you have on hand dipped in soup! Top the roast potatoes with the Parmesan cheese and shredded cheddar cheese soup and chicken broth in... Full of soft potatoes, use them to make, you can t... Mayonnaise for dipping your potato soup into a pot of beautifully-flavored soup with the leftovers to make it.! Offers a nice contrast to the original recipe butter of cooking spray and delicious that. Use up leftover potatoes and turn it into the casserole dish combination of goat cheese, chives and. All you need to do is chop up your heart, soul, and top with bits! Big batch of potatoes, use them to make, you can put as... Like a warm, toasted garlic bread loaded with butter are yummy with ranch dressing, prepare sweet. Share recipes for people who love good food, but you can use the leftovers to make bacon! Non stick frying pan and oil lightly salad for your potato soup and bacon in a sweet savory... Oh the `` orange '' bits in the soup should retain its flavor and … Seven ways to up! Broccoli flowerettes for colour the addition of cheese makes the meal even richer more... Leftover ham, don ’ t forget to slather your dinner rolls, either it in any dressing. A unique spin on falafel and top with another layer of thinly sliced potatoes and them.

Cyberpunk Fingers Location, Howrah Municipal Corporation Ward List, Op-amp Circuit Diagram, Harrogate Tn To Knoxville Tn, Long White Crate Day, Spring Lake Lake,