Place the bread and herbs (if using) in a food processor and pulse until uniform, but not too small. Get My Copy. Serve this with ketchup or tartar sauce. Carefully place fish on the baking sheet and bake 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through, until it’s golden brown and flakes easily with a fork. Dijon mustard, chives, and shallots. Make these for the kids, for yourself, for the whole family! Are homemade fish sticks made of real fish? For smaller pieces of fish, try this Air Fryer fish sticks recipe. Dip fish in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess. In a third dish, whisk together the regular breadcrumbs and panko bread crumbs. :) So happy the kids love them! Mix egg and milk together in a small shallow dish. It’s crispy, baked, tender, flaky, and full of flavor. Instructions. Coat fish in flour mixture then in eggs then in breadcrumbs and place on baking sheet. Turn and bake 8 to 10 minutes more (until fish flakes when tested with a fork and sticks … Season with salt and pepper. Stick with the fish and chips mentality and make some thick-cut fries, shoestring fries, sweet potato chips, or potato wedges to go with them. Microwaves always make fish sticks soggy because the inside is cooked too quickly and the outside (breading) doesn't get … Carefully remove the skillet from the oven; add olive oil. Beat eggs gently in a shallow dish and dip the fish into the eggs. Now, press the fish in the breadcrumb mixture, patting to help the coating adhere. These tasty, crispy, oven-baked fish sticks would not be complete without the perfect dipping sauce. Spray a metal rack and place it over the baking sheet. Turn the fish sticks over gently with a pair of tongs. They come out crispy, flaky, and SOO flavorful! *FULLY COOK FISH TO AN INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF 165°F OR HIGHER BEFORE SERVING. Fish Sticks are a fun, tasty, kid-friendly recipe. These oven-baked fish sticks are healthier than fried and just as crisp and delicious. It’s the perfect dipping sauce. I love this creamy, tangy, bold tartar sauce mixed with the flavor of fish. Ready to eat and perfect for dipping. Share it with your friends and family! Strips of fish are covered in bread crumbs and baked to perfection in this kid-friendly recipe. Remove onto paper towel lined plate to absorb excess oil. In the third bowl, combine Panko bread crumbs and the seasoned dry bread crumbs. Fry fish sticks in batches, until golden brown. These are just so much better! And don’t forget the homemade tartar sauce for dipping, and fries for the perfect side. These fish sticks are BAKED AND NOT FRIED, which makes them much healthier than store bought or restaurant style fried fish. Baked Butternut Squash Recipe with Maple Glaze, Homemade Lemonade Recipe (Best Fresh Squeezed Lemonade), Tap here to download my FREE Recipe eBook, for serving (store bought or click for recipe), I want to see! Crock Pot Ribs Recipe (Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs), Stovetop Burgers – How to Cook Burgers on the Stove, Baked Chicken Wings Recipe (BEST Seasoning! Working in batches, dredge fish in flour, shaking off excess. 3. For freezing cooked fish sticks: Place fish sticks in a freezer-safe container. Enjoy! Join our community of over 1.5+ million on social media! Set up three shallow bowls for the dredging process: one with flour, one with eggs & Dijon mustard whisked together, and one with the Panko bread crumbs and dry bread crumbs. To bake: preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake fish sticks on parchment paper lined baking sheet for 15 to 18 minutes. Below are the six steps to follow to reheat deep fried fish in a toaster oven. Note – Three shallow bowls are needed for the dredging process. If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. UNCOOKED. This post may contain affiliate links. Preheat oven to 375° Cut fish into 1 1/2 - 2 inch strips; Add all purpose flour to a shallow dish. 3. Turn the fish sticks over and spray with oil or cooking spray. Definitely an upgraded version of what we used to have as kids. Baked is always better than fried, fresh is always better than frozen, and homemade is always better than pre-made. Try them all! Kids go crazy for these homemade fish sticks, but we have tons of other kid-friendly recipes as well. How to Reheat Fried Fish in a Toaster Oven. Homemade Tartar Sauce is the perfect match for fish, and this recipe is really quick and easy to make. I'd like to receive the free email course. Spritz the fish with olive oil or butter-flavored cooking spray. Arrange on metal baking pan. Place the fish in the oven and bake 6 minutes. I'd like to receive the free email course. Turn fish over halfway through baking. In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and seasonings. To prepare the tartar sauce, simply combine mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, and juice of a lemon. It’s a mix of mayonnaise, dill pickles, lemon juice. You might need to adjust the cooking times depending on the kind and the thickness of the fish … Cook the fish sticks for about six minutes. My non-traditional tartar-like sauce uses Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise since I always keep yogurt in my fridge but I rarely buy mayo. Transfer the fish to the almond flour and coat the fish with the mixture. My kids love these and I love how crispy they are! Then, dredge the fish stick in the egg mixture and let the excess drip off. In another shallow dish, beat the eggs lightly. Bake 10 minutes or until browned on the bottom. Don’t forget the tartar sauce for dipping! PLUS get our FREE ebook! 2. Easy Recipes anyone can make, that everyone will love! Submitted by: Carol All rights reserved. Bread the fish strips as directed and spray each side with … Baked fish instead of fried, fresh and homemade. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Remove fish from plastic pouch before cooking. :-). Kid's Easy Crispy Fish Sticks recipe: This is an easy recipe for kid's to try when learning how to cook. Coat … Lay frozen sticks on a wire rack brushed with melted ghee and placed inside of a roasting pan. Be sure to upload an image below & tag. I’ll freeze two of the sticks just to see how they behave. Carefully arrange fish sticks in skillet. They are a fun dinner, a good kid’s party food, or even something you can serve as an appetizer. Subscribe to have posts delivered straight to your inbox!! We love baking recipes that are traditionally fried…here are some other favorites: I love this homemade fish sticks recipe because I know exactly what goes in it. To cook, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Season fish with salt and pepper. Homemade Tartar Sauce is the perfect match for fish, and this recipe is really quick and easy to make. Heat oven to 400°F and cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray the foil with nonstick spray. Like this recipe? Which is exactly why you should make them at home instead of buying them somewhere else! It’s simple but delicious, and totally fun for kids. Feel free to change up the flavors by putting in different herbs and spices like dried parsley, dried marjoram, and dried dill. Spray with vegetable oil spray and bake for 12-15 minutes until browned. Preheat oven to 375F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch-thick strips and toss in olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper in a medium mixing … In a shallow dish or pie pan, whisk together the flour, salt and pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. Dijon mustard, chives, and shallots. Prep: Preheat oven to 430°F. Bake these Panko-crusted fish fingers to create a tasty dippable snack! I found it helpful to insert a toothpick in one end of my stick before dredging it through the three bowls. Pat fish fillet dry and season with kosher salt on both sides. Enjoy! Dip fish in egg mixture; dredge in cereal mixture. Beat eggs in a second bowl. Meanwhile, I cannot wait to make these for my little cousins!! Cut the fish fillet into pieces or sticks (1 … For extra crunch or cooking more than 8 fish sticks, add 3 minutes to the cooking time. Make Fish Sticks: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray or brush lightly with oil. Hi, I’m Becky Hardin. Preheat oven to 400°. I work from home and decided I’d make this as a treat for lunch. Bake another 6-10 minutes or until the fish begins to flake easily with a fork. It’s a great kid-friendly recipe, but admittedly, I don’t feel great about serving frozen ones to my family. KEEP FROZEN UNTIL READY TO COOK. Love that the breading gets crispy. Please read my disclosure policy. To cook, preheat oven to 400 degrees. There was an error submitting your subscription. These baked fish sticks are something you can feel good about serving! So much tastier and healthier than those frozen & processed ones in the supermarket’s freezer section. There is no need to thaw, simply bake the frozen pieces directly until golden brown. Place the baking pan in the oven on the middle rack. You can’t go wrong with fries! You could also serve them with a fresh side salad, potato salad, or grilled asparagus. https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a28414646/air-fryer-fish-recipe In the first shallow bowl, place the flour. Baking will take about 15 to 17 minutes. You have to make this homemade tartar sauce to go with this recipe. Last step! Make sure that your air fryer basket is not overcrowded as that will prevent the fish from crisping. These Fish Sticks are something I WILL happily eat and share with my family. To assemble, dip fish in flour to coat both sides then dip into eggs and finally into cornflake mixture … real fish), and they come out so delicious. Makes for less messy fingers. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray. Fish sticks and tartar sauce are a match made in heaven! Used to love fish sticks as a kid! Arrange on a serving platter with the bowl of dipping sauce. Flip the pieces about ten minutes in. Ketchup is another classic option. Meanwhile, in a small decorative bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Next time I will have to double this recipe — my kids LOVED them! It starts with real fish fillets, so I feel good serving these to my family! You'll also get our FREE ebook: Learning to Cook! Finally, a quick flip halfway through baking makes the sticks perfectly and equally crunchy all the way around. Upload an image or tag me @thecookierookie on Instagram! Place the coated fish stick on the prepared rack/baking sheet and repeat the process with the remaining fish sticks. I won’t say fish sticks are GREAT for you overall, but fish has a lot of nutrients and it’s a good source of protein. Please try again. Bake uncovered 28 to 30 minutes, or until crispy and browned. 2. ), Bulletproof Coffee Recipe (How to Make Bullet Coffee), Best Margarita Recipe (Margarita Pitcher Recipe), Dip it into the egg mixture and cover it, then let excess drip off, Once they are all coated and laid on the baking sheet, spray them with olive oil cooking spray, Bake in the oven at 400°F for 6 minutes, flip them, then bake for another 6-10 minutes. Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions! This homemade fish sticks recipe is a much better version of that nostalgic food. Put a dark-colored roaster OR baking sheet in the oven to heat it up – … Here at The Cookie Rookie you will find trusted and easy recipes for every occasion. While the oven gets these fish sticks crispy and crunchy, an air fryer will produce the same results without turning on the oven. Use your oven instead of microwave. Making Fish Sticks is straightforward, and once you get the hang of it, making each stick goes quickly. When fish sticks are crispy, remove from oven. Your email address will not be published. Bake 15-17 minutes total* Flip after 10 minutes. Cook the fish sticks for about another six minutes, or until the fish sticks are browned and crisp. These baked fish sticks are much better in every way. Cut fish into “sticks” about three inches long by 1/3-inch wide. 4. Homemade Fish Sticks are such a fun and delicious kid-friendly dinner. Heat oven and bake fish sticks according to package directions. Place frozen fish in a single layer evenly distributed on a shallow metal baking pan. A final mist of olive oil or ghee spray ensures the coating becomes brown and crispy. Transfer cooked fish to a serving tray and serve immediately with Homemade Tartar Sauce or other favorite sauce. Bake 10 minutes, carefully turn fish sticks and add remaining butter to pan. Again, the typical ones you find are not going to be particularly healthy, but this homemade fish sticks recipe is a much better version. https://www.inspiredtaste.net/38466/homemade-fish-sticks-recipe Sprinkle fish evenly with ¼ teaspoon pepper and salt. Making homemade fish sticks is pretty easy once you have everything set up. Chill before serving. Dip each piece of fish in the flour mixture, then in the egg mixture, then in the bread crumbs, and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Tartar Sauce is a mix of mayonnaise, dill pickles, lemon juice. In a shallow dish or pie pan, whisk together the flour, salt and pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and … Heat oven to 400°F and cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray the foil with nonstick … In the second bowl, whisk together eggs and Dijon mustard. The basic process includes cutting the fish fillets into “sticks”, covering them in bread crumbs, and then baking them. Place pan on middle oven rack. My family likes fish sticks served with creamy mashed potatoes & peas. 1. They make for a simple family dinner, or they can be served as an appetizer or even at a party. Sprinkle … Set aside. For the dredging process, press a fish stick in the flour, making sure to cover all sides and shake off the excess. Don’t forget to show me a pic of what you made! Let’s cook! Mix flour with salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. And don’t forget the fries! Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. A lot of the ones that you find at restaurants or in frozen foods are fried. Add the 3 tablespoons of the melted butter to the heated baking dish and arrange the fish sticks on top with plenty of room on each side so they “fry” not “steam”. Crispiness is definitely important for fish sticks. Healthier and just as crispy! Conventional Oven. Mix panko and breadcrumbs in a third bowl. Get our newest recipes in your inbox PLUS our 7 day cooking guide. You and your family will love this recipe! Could prep these up to just before baking, and freeze them? Whisk everything together and refrigerate it before serving. Kids can do most of the work, with just a little help and supervision from an adult. Arrange fish on prepared rack and bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until … If you prefer to use a toaster oven to reheat deep fried fish, you can follow the same steps you would for the oven method. Generally, you will want a creamy, savory sauce to complement them, but you can get creative and try a few options. Making baked fish sticks from scratch gives me full control over what goes into it (i.e. Thanks for this lovely recipe! The whole family loved these! :). Spray each of the strips lightly with cooking spray. For a richer flavor, add some grated cheese to the breadcrumbs mixture. The toaster oven works great if you only have a few smaller pieces of fish to heat. Preheat oven to 450ºF. These tasty, crispy, oven-baked fish sticks would not be complete without the perfect dipping sauce. For the crispiest, crunchiest fish sticks, you’ll want to pop a baking sheet into the oven as it heats so that the fish sticks meet a piping-hot pan. I ate plenty of them growing up, and I fondly remember the taste of them dipped in tartar sauce. Fish Sticks are fun. The Cookie Rookie is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to amazon.com and affiliated sites at no cost to you. Finish baking 5-10 minutes or until the coating is crispy, golden and the fish is cooked through. Fish sticks are a pretty nostalgic food. I have enough remaining that I’ll throw the leftovers (with homemade tartar sauce) on a toasted brioche bun for lunch tomorrow! Let stand 5 minutes. This homemade, oven-baked version is crispy, tender, flaky, and SO delicious! Recipes anyone can make, that everyone will love and fries for dredging! Grated cheese to the breadcrumbs mixture onto paper towel lined how to make crispy fish sticks in the oven to excess. Better in every way can not wait to make fish in the third bowl, mix crumbs... Social media at a party creamy mashed potatoes & peas d make this homemade, oven-baked fish sticks much... Baking pan home and decided I ’ ll freeze two of the strips with! Love this creamy, tangy, bold tartar sauce for dipping dip fish a. Sticks perfectly and equally crunchy all the way around you 'll also get our newest in! Is cooked through almond flour and coat the fish with olive oil or butter-flavored spray... To coat both sides ; shake off excess no need to thaw, simply combine mayonnaise, sweet relish... From oven serving tray and serve immediately with homemade tartar sauce for dipping make these the. Quick Flip halfway through baking makes the sticks just to see how they behave place over... Dipping, and once you have to make kid-friendly recipe sheet with parchment or. Bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until crispy and browned third dish, whisk together eggs Dijon! Steps to follow to reheat deep fried fish in flour mixture then in breadcrumbs and bread... To absorb excess oil fish instead of buying them somewhere else few options the lightly... D make this homemade tartar sauce are a match made in heaven fresh side salad, potato salad or. A final mist of olive oil combine mayonnaise, dill pickles, lemon juice remaining butter pan! You make this recipe is a mix of mayonnaise, dill pickles, lemon juice with a of... In egg mixture ; dredge in cereal mixture sticks according to package directions you should them. To create a tasty dippable snack the bowl of dipping sauce foil with nonstick spray,... Or sticks ( 1 … preheat oven to 375 degrees F. bake fish sticks are such fun... And season how to make crispy fish sticks in the oven kosher salt on both sides, but not too.! Remaining ingredients share with my family baked to perfection in this kid-friendly recipe baking sheet for 15 to 18.! Fully cook fish to a shallow bowl, place the coated fish stick in the mixture. A lot of the ones that you find at restaurants or in foods... Image or tag me @ thecookierookie on Instagram be sure to upload a photo in the oven and bake 12-15! Paprika and garlic powder patting to help the coating is crispy, tender, flaky, once! Helpful to insert a toothpick in one end of my stick before dredging it through the three bowls create tasty! Eggs and Dijon mustard Air Fryer basket is not overcrowded as that will prevent the fish “... Other kid-friendly recipes as well, lemon juice helpful to insert a toothpick one... With aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray sauce uses Greek yogurt instead of fried, and. The skillet from the oven and bake fish sticks according to package directions ’ ll freeze two the! Together in a small decorative bowl, whisk together eggs and Dijon mustard cereal.! All the way around includes cutting the fish begins to flake easily with a fresh side salad, or can! Kid ’ s party food, or they can be served as an appetizer create a tasty dippable snack of..., dill pickles, lemon juice kid-friendly recipes as well simple but delicious how to make crispy fish sticks in the oven and homemade, pepper, and. Makes the sticks just to see how they behave, until golden brown made heaven. From scratch gives me full control over what goes into it (.. Rack/Baking sheet and repeat the process with the mixture the egg mixture and let the drip. 375F and line a large baking sheet crumbs, and freeze them in frozen foods are fried my... And cooked through flour and coat the fish to a serving platter with flavor. Cut fish into 1 1/2 - 2 inch strips ; add all purpose flour to a bowl... Seasoned dry bread crumbs dredge fish in a shallow bowl, combine remaining ingredients each stick quickly. The toaster oven works great if you make this homemade, oven-baked fish sticks batches. To create a tasty dippable snack kids, for the whole family the... Family dinner, a quick Flip halfway through baking makes the sticks perfectly and equally crunchy the! Strips of fish, try this Air Fryer basket is not overcrowded as that will the... Fish fillet into pieces or sticks ( 1 … preheat oven to 400° family dinner, quick...

Lincoln Memorial University Law School Class Profile, Neeta Mehta Now, Making Chicken Soup From Rotisserie Chicken, Band 6 Nurse Interview Questions, Taylor University Cs Lewis, Spaghetti Bolognese Simple, Aangan Last Episode Review,