Updated AY 18/19 Semester 2 . GERPE, NIE electives, NTU electives, Unrestricted electives, NIE sports, NTU Centre for Modern Languages A blog about Nanyang Technological University overseas exchange GEM Explorer, and download of resources for modules and electives The $350 subsidy under the Singapore NS e-PREP Scheme can be used for any of these NTU’s e-Prep courses and so an NSF/NSMan pays only $35.. In an ingenious take on two beloved literary traditions, this module by NUS Chinese Studies compares and contrasts some of our favourite heroes and works from English and Chinese detective fiction — Sherlock Holmes, Agatha Christie’s terrifying And Then There Were None, Judge Dee, and of course, the CSI series. No. A bit regret now. Sessions cost just £2 and no NTU Sport membership is required. Each language course is credited with 3 Academic Units and is conducted 3 hours weekly for all Levels 1 and 2 modules and 4 hours weekly for Levels 3 and above, from Week 2 to Week 13 of the semester. Co. Regn. Hope that it'll be useful for reference. At least 1 board game will be introduced in each lesson. Of course, apart from aliens, space is filled with many other mysteries — black holes, dwarf stars and solar winds, anyone? Especially for pilates mathwork as you will be resting on your tailbone quite a bit.So the instructor will be alternating between Yoga and Pilates each week. For the lovestruck Image Credit: www.eonline.com 6. EE8086 - ASTRONOMY - STARS, GALAXIES & COSMOLOGY, This course aims to give students a fundamental understanding of astronomy. At NTU, we run regular Play for Fun sessions that focus on making sport sociable, inclusive and enjoyable. The lecturer is a game creator named Mr. Tan, also known as Chub Tan by NTU Fastforward Club. Then forensic science has both the elements of forensic technology and an ang-mo professor which you can watch from your laptops (Heh! Similarly, this module isn’t for the faint of heart — as the NTU English Literature course instructor Joshua Lam puts it, much of the required content “will include violence, sex, horror, and things that are just plain gross”. I enjoy watching Law and Order, the Mentalist etc, so it explains why I could remember most of the cases mentioned and the deciding factors/ evidences/ people involved. However, it is VERY VERY VERY content heavy. As box-office hits like Jurassic World have proven, we love watching sci-fi to get a glimpse of what the future might hold. … Those in NTU can also consider the CM8002: Forensic Science module offered by their Chemistry division, which provides a comprehensive study of how forensic science can be applied to solve crimes. This is a fun elective to take! (…) most of the midterms and quite a few areas of the finals were on the case studies the online courses mentioned. Try picking up something new, electives should be about fun and exploration, unlike those mundane cores. CSI fans, this one’s for you. Which of us hasn’t fantasized about what strange life forms might lurk in that great vacuum we call outer space? Learn more about the dynamics of technological development through innovation and related management issues and practices. It is an online course offered by Coursera and it just takes 8 weeks to complete it. The e-prep course fee is $385. But if you have already exhausted your options like me, ADM electives are your next best bet. In most lectures, laughing would probably get you kicked out, so this module offered by the NTU Department of Linguistics might be just the thing to help you release all that pent-up school stress. See the complete profile on LinkedIn and discover Fun Siong’s connections and jobs at similar companies. It is an online course offered by Coursera and it just takes 8 weeks to complete it. Hope that it'll be useful for reference. Pull up our GPA / Easy to pass without studying (Depending on whether you are going to S/U the module). Forensic Science (CM8002) What it’s about: Learning about how scientific methods can be applied … According to their module outline, Happiness 101 is designed to teach students how to “increase their ‘positivity ratio’ as a means toward higher levels of creativity, motivation, health and overall success” and to practise “mind-body techniques that help enhance physical and mental health”. Joining the Blackmores Sydney Running Festival is a great way to soak up the natural beauty of Sydney Harbour and surrounds. Biological Sciences Year 1, Semester 1. Given how humour seems as natural as breathing and yet impossible to explain, this intriguing module promises to challenge not only your critical thinking skills, but the true extent of your ‘lame Singlish joke‘ repertoire. Students must be in full sports attire during lesson. Read more on interesting classes to take in college. But anyways, there were 11-12 chapters in total, all chapters were tested for midterms and finals. A UNSW Engineering degree will pave the way to a whirlwind of opportunities. Here is a list of 10 fun classes to take in college. The combination of fieldwork, theory and laboratory work give the students of our highly selective major programmes a unique skillset. next year is my final year), and I have 12 AUs worth of S/Us to use. Facebook is showing information to help you better understand the purpose of a Page. After about 3 years in uni I finally Got It. Hi all, I've decided to consolidate all the electives that I've taken into a post. Hope that it'll be useful for reference. Any language courses if you have the background/interest in itAssessments: Depends on moduleFor most of the level 1 Language mods, they are relatively easy to score but finding the right one for you might be a challenge. Honestly, my friend said it was a useless module. You’ll be learning about things like fingerprinting, time of death and DNA identification methods — yep, for once real life is just like the movies. 4. The lab was fun when chatting around with friends but the actual work is damn disgusting x.X BUTT MY LAB PARTNER IS THE BEST, he covered for me from week 3 to week 11 omg and he even help typed my report then send me the copy and ask me edit only. It is an online course offered by Coursera and it just takes 8 weeks to complete it. Your interest plays a huge part in determining your final grade. 6. Study a Minor. From emerging startups to billion-dollar unicorns, we bring you stories of remarkable (In other words, it’s an elective that is compulsory. Lim Chee Guan’s 3rd-Gen Owners On How Their Bak Kwa Business Has Lasted Over 80 Years, Trash To Treasure: This 22-Year-Old S’porean Set Up A Thrift Store To Sell Unwanted Clothes, LinkedIn Lists 15 Fastest-Growing Jobs In S’pore And The Skills Required For These Roles, S’pore’s Sea Ltd Eyes Digital Bank In Indonesia Following Acquisition Of Indonesian Bank, How Chinese Tech Giant Tencent Is Expanding Its S’pore Footprint To Drive SEA Growth. It’s one of the more fun modules I swear. Avocado milkshakes not included, but you can get it from northspine foodcourt before classes ;)Assessment: Individual Assessment (30%), Group presentation (10%), Group Assessment (20%), Quiz (30%), professional qualities/ class participation (10%)“You need to bring your own mat for class. Draw nude live models to learn realistic illustration. From Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet to Suzanne Collin’s The Hunger Games, this English Literature … If ever you need an excuse to watch and re-watch your favourite romance movies — preferably with a tub of ice-cream and a box of tissues on standby — this module is it. A lot of practice needed to get used to doing the problems cause got a lot different kinds -.- I did all the homework, … NTU ELECTIVES GUIDE . Follow us on Facebook. Ahh Electives… Whether it is our UEs (Unrestricted Electives), or our General Education Prescribed Electives (GER-PEs), we are all looking for electives that are: 1. Biological Sciences Year 1, Semester 1. Nerves of steel are probably a prerequisite for this course — if you’re the kind who remains unfazed by horror flicks while everyone around you is whimpering in terror, check out this module by NUS’ English Literature department. Rest assured that it isn’t all mushy notions of how love makes the world go round — the module also grapples with many timeless conflicts between love and the harsher realities of life, such as ambition, class divisions and tragedy. ), the course essentially promises to give us insight into the basics of a happy life — something that’s always worth thinking about. )Assessment: 2 Midterms (Closed Book MCQ) + 1 Finals (Closed book MCQ)“One of the overly subscribed modules in NTU. Have a mat that is slightly thicker so it’s more comfortable. It’s one of the more fun … You will learn about blood, drugs, time of death and etc. Source. While this module cannot guarantee you to become the next Zucks or Bezos, it is an interesting course to boost your GPA while having fun! These NTU’s ePrep Courses for university academic preparation which were prepared, in collaboration with textbook publisher Cengage, specially for Singapore men serving the national service are now … Alan Yang University of Waterloo, Canada School of Civil and Environmental Engineering Here is a list of 10 fun classes to take in college. 201431998C. Do a search on the module on the search bar for more information! Human resource management & Entrepreneurship is another elective that I’m taking that is somewhat pseudo core. Just to give some context, I will have 2 semesters left (i.e. Course to be taken from the Engineering Fundamental List. 13-01-2016, 10:57 AM #218: soulblader_86. Hello guys, I hope this post helps those who are thinking of what electives to take in the next semester and for those SBS (School of Biological Sciences) freshies a … The answer is no! DG9005 Magic of Voice in the World of a Singer (UE) NIE electives are great for those who are bad at numbers or have poor working memory. It is roughly 50% on calculations and 50% on ethics. Nothing screams adventure more than those swashbucklers of the high seas, so this module about pirates is guaranteed to be far from boring. It is an online course offered by Coursera and it just takes 8 weeks to complete it. The $350 subsidy under the Singapore NS e-PREP Scheme can be used for any of these NTU’s e-Prep courses and so an NSF/NSMan pays only $35.. Join Date: Sep 2007. An average of 3 chapters will be cleared per week. Hope that it'll be useful for reference. 5. See actions taken by the people who manage and post content. General electives such as Psychology, Nutrition and Marketing are a few of them. NTU calendar; NTU podcasts of lectures; Quickly and easily find resources and information that pertain to you such as NTU news, campus events and activities and important announcements. For the third consecutive year, Singapore’s Nanyang Technological University (NTU) has been ranked the world’s top university under 50 years old, in the QS Top 50 Under 50 2016-2017.If you like the sound of studying at one of the world’s fastest-rising institutions, here are 10 more facts we bet you didn’t know about Nanyang Technological University… A Survivor’s Guide To Singapore’s University Orientation Camps. from 2 nd upper to a first class. Print/Check Courses Registered: Satisfactory/ Unsatisfactory (S/U) Grading Option: Schools' Registration Instructions Examination Timetable. EE8061 Innovation & Technology ManagementAlways wanted to know more about how Facebook and Grab dominated our daily lives? Ask around and you will know that this course is one of the more popular ones offered by ADM and it is always oversubscribed because it’s pretty easy to score as long as you can sing well. Use that period to have a taste of your electives. Mine was about 14. If you are an artistic individual by nature … I do find this module interesting because it was something different from the accounting/business modules. ger- core courses (online) 3 et0001 enterprise & innovation gc: 1 y n 1/2: gc0001 sustainability: seeing through the haze gc 1 y n: 2: hy0001 ethics and moral reasoning gc 1 y n 1/2 ml0001 absolute basics for career gc 1 y y: 3 ml0002 career power-up gc 1 Myron hopes to hustle and pivot his way towards his goals, keeping his sense of humility and being open to hard work. Our language courses are open to all undergraduates in NTU and NIE. This page lists the approved GER Prescribed Elective courses offered by the University. The e-prep course fee is $385. The first half of the module was more content heavy and dry. Fun Siong has 2 jobs listed on their profile. From industrial training in multi-national companies to global educational opportunities, the world is your oyster! Draw nude live models to learn realistic illustration. Most of the sport courses are conducted at NIE Physical Education Block 5 and the NTU Sports and Recreation Centre. Whatever you learn from CSI turns out to be not 100% accurate. An independent self-starter and community builder. There will be guest speaker to the lecture and they are real life police or doctor. That’s the collective groan of thousands of Singaporean undergraduates as we dust off our books (and minds), and prepare to face a new academic year. Home About Us. This is a fun elective to take! Seniorsays.sg is community initiative to help NTU students Make Better University Decisions with Senior Reviews, Study Notes, Latest Happenings and Everything on Campus.. Ahh Electives… Whether it is our UEs (Unrestricted Electives), or our General Education Prescribed Electives (GER-PEs), we are all looking for electives that are: Whether you’re a seasoned senior ready to return to the daily grind or, like me, a blur sotong freshie bidding goodbye to your eight-month-long freedom, it’s easy to lose sight of what university is all about. I took this to clear my Science and Technology elective requirement. I took this to clear my Science and Technology elective requirement. Also Read Class Schedule. It was easy for the first few weeks and then it gets harder. 13-01-2016, 10:57 AM #218: soulblader_86. I suggest remembering the calculations for alcohol testing, the testing/experimenting methods for solving cases as they are tested in midterms and you can use it to answer the case study section for your finals.”3. Since I started uni, I’ve always been mediocre and below average. check out : NTU electives review roundup from the net Find out the 3 ways to choose an elective It was quite manageable as she did give us time during class to discuss/ practice. =) Oh yeah, Prof. Speak slower won't die ba? Russian joins list of language electives on offer at NTU Russian ambassador to Singapore, Mr Andrey Tatarinov, addressing Nanyang Technological University Russian-language elective … Through these, it considers weighty issues about wrongdoing and justice, with particular regard to what crime can tell us about the workings of society. Should have S/Ued this subject. Grade: A- 18/19 SEM 1 [4.1] Not all electives are created equal. Touted as one of the most scenic urban running courses in Australia, the festival regularly attracts 36,000 participants who also help … Assessment: Class Participation (10%), Online Assignments (15%), Project and Presentation (20%), Finals Open-Book (55%) Comment(s): This is a very content-heavy module. Assessment:  Mid-Term/Continuous Assessment (40%), Written Examination (60%)“ ...This module felt like a combination of marketing and entrepreneurship, covering topics such as business plan, disruptive technology..(I could only rmb these 2). Otherwise sufficient effort is needed to score decently because class size is quite small? HL8021: Fictions of Love: Film and Literature, 10 Quirky Uni Modules Even Hipster Singaporean Undergrads Don't Know Of, Astronomy — Stars, Galaxies and Cosmology. If you’re a beginner, do the simplest modification of the move!”5. School of Art, Design and Media. There's no requirement to join a club, all sessions must be booked in advance on the NTU Sport App. This is an elective from NIE. They really do test the minor details, so I would only recommend this module to those who are taking fewer AUs.Difficulty level: 7/10. I DID watch all the online courses two times though. I am writing in my capacity as a direct year 2 poly student in 2011 who studied EEE for 3 years and graduated with honours with a rich CCA, hall-life and exchange experience. If you’re the kind of person who responds with “happy” when people ask you what you want to be, NTU’s School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering has the perfect course for you. NTU expects people know how to listen Japanese speech at such fast speed, especially at listening test/exercise when we are just level 1, not level 5 or 6 leh. He hosts arena in Singapore sometimes and you cal join the game if you are interested, In which, I went to all events. If you are an artistic individual by nature and … I am writing in my capacity as a direct year 2 poly student in 2011 who studied EEE for 3 years and graduated with honours with a rich CCA, hall-life and exchange experience. I took this to clear my Science and Technology elective requirement. Taking CE1003 (Python) or CE9001 (Java) to learn programming seems to be a better choice in my opinion. Knowing more students/eye-candies from other faculties (sorry can’t help you with that or should we implement a new function to gather key intelligence?) At NTU, we run regular Play for Fun sessions that focus on making sport sociable, inclusive and enjoyable. Of course, having a keen interest in the content is key! Nanyang Technological University 2015. As for the second half, the content was more interesting and prof was more engaging...” 2. It is fun, you learn something interesting, but there is a need to dedicate some time to study this course. Hearsay this is a difficult mod in NTU, so I didn't take it in Year 2 and pushed till exchange to take it. She encourages you to modify according to your own abilities. HL8021: Fictions of Love: Film and Literature. Supremacy Member . Finally, you can put all the pirate-speak you practised to good use — although be prepared to have your illusions shattered when you realise it wasn’t all “Ahoy, me mateys!” and hunting down buried treasure. NTU Electives Thread 17Likes. LF9001 - French Level 1LG9001 - German Level 1LI9001 - Italian Level 1 LM9001 - Malay Level 1 LS9001 - Spanish Level 1… but don’t go into any korean language courses if the only words you know are “Oppa” and “annyeonghaseyo”, then you are jug-eun. Some unanswered mysteries of the universe and mankind will be discussed and hopefully lead students to further their own exploration. I do have a preference for Mathematical or Statistical modules (but not too difficult as well), and some electives I have scored well in are: Management Decision Tools (BU8401 - A+), Discrete Mathematics (MH1812 - A) and Natural Hazards and Society (ES8001 - A+). You may refer to Content of Courses for the GERPEs offered in any particular semester. Hi all, I've decided to consolidate all the electives that I've taken into a post. Also Read Any courses to steer away from? You can customize what you see and where you see it, creating your own eCampus experience with fun interactive features. The lab was fun when chatting around with friends but the actual work is damn disgusting x.X BUTT MY LAB PARTNER IS THE BEST, he covered for me from week 3 to week 11 omg and he even help typed my report then send me the copy and ask me edit only. What course are you from and how many courses do you have registered already? Hi all, I've decided to consolidate all the electives that I've taken into a post. Need to ask for overload. After all, it’s where we get to meet amazing people, pick up lifechanging lessons — and occasionally, take up unconventional, “impractical” modules out of sheer intellectual curiosity. I actually beg to differ. Seniorsays.sg is community initiative to help NTU students Make Better University Decisions with Senior Reviews, Study Notes, Latest Happenings and Everything on Campus.. Ahh Electives… Whether it is our UEs (Unrestricted Electives), or our General Education Prescribed Electives (GER-PEs), we are all looking for electives that are: What course are you from and how many courses do you have registered already? I took this to clear my Science and Technology elective requirement. General electives such as Psychology, Nutrition and Marketing are a few of them. )Assessment : Mid-terms (20%) , Finals (80%)“ Honestly, I did not attend the lectures. Vulcan Post / Copyright © 2021 GRVTY Media Pte. NTU calendar; NTU podcasts of lectures; Quickly and easily find resources and information that pertain to you such as NTU news, campus events and activities and important announcements. Thank you to all our seniors that contributed their reviews! NTU Electives Thread 17Likes. One of the things about studying in a leading university like Nanyang Technological University is the chance to take a minor programme. ... Fun module to take and SU with minimum effort. HL8021: Fictions of Love: Film and Literature. Chair's Message; Chair's Office; Mission and Vision; Faculty There’s really no end to the learning opportunities you can explore, so to get you started, we’ve put together some of the quirkiest modules that local undergrads can take to fill up those General Education or Unrestricted Electives requirements this semester. That childhood dream of becoming an astronaut might sadly never come true, but if you’re still fascinated with space, this module is perfect to spark your imagination. NTU is the place to be when you want to learn from the best and broaden your horizon at the same time. Nanyang Technological University 2015. + Professional Internship (PI) is available in Year 3 Semester 1 or 2. While it’s kind of baffling as to why the School of EEE decided to branch out into positive self-help (does this mean electrical engineers are unusually happy or unhappy? You can customize what you see and where you see it, creating your own eCampus experience with fun interactive features. The course outline reads like a laundry list of your worst nightmares, with everything from Bram Stoker’s Dracula to HP Lovecraft’s The Call of Cthulhu serving as fodder for thorny issues such as morality and the nature of evil. E-mail: sfchin@ntu.edu.sg Ms Chin joined Nanyang Technological University in 2007 as a Lecturer at the Language and Communication Centre. Seniorsays.sg is community initiative to help NTU students Make Better University Decisions with Senior Reviews, Study Notes, Latest Happenings and Everything on Campus. Mine was about 14. Throughout my application process, course registration was extremely challenging for me because I had to submit and re-submit my study plan 3 times in order to get sufficient courses … Some of our courses have specific pre-requisites. But if you have already exhausted your options like me, ADM electives are your next best bet. Personally, I felt the workload at NTU was a lot less intensive and less stressful compared to UQ. Registration of Courses for Semester 2 AY2020-21. (I experienced this first hand and ended up overloading unrestricted electives to more than twice the requirement.) Differences Between Travelling As A Student And After You Start Work. If ever you need an excuse to watch and re-watch your favourite romance movies — preferably with a tub of ice-cream and a box of tissues on standby — this module is it. See actions taken by the people who manage and post content. Elective Type: Ger Pe - STS or UE Assessment: Mid term 20% and Exam 80% Comment: This course is very fun and easy to get A. I actually beg to differ. Sports equipment may be drawn-out for lesson from the Sports Facilities Office … If you listen very, very closely amidst the general hurrah of our upcoming SG50 celebrations, you might detect a strange, dread-filled buzzing. * These courses have laboratory codes, ExxxxL. This is a fun elective to take! Human resource management & Entrepreneurship is another elective that I’m taking that is somewhat pseudo core. Otherwise sufficient effort is needed to score decently because class size is quite small? NTU offers many programmes to suit your individual requirements. All Rights Reserved. She obtained her Master of Arts in English Language from the National University of Singapore, specializing in Applied Linguistics, after she received a professional teaching qualification in TESOL. how oxymoronic can modules get man). Hi all, I've decided to consolidate all the electives that I've taken into a post. Sessions cost just £2 and no NTU Sport membership is required. eee courses 4 ee0040: engineers and society * gc 3 y y 1/2 ee1002 physics foundation for electrical & electronic engineering c 4: ph1011 or ph1012 y: y 1 ee1003 introduction to materials for electronics c 3 y: y 1 ee1071 introduction to eee laboratories c: 1 n: y 2 In The Grammar of Comedy, students apply linguistic analysis to understand what makes humor funny to us, and the elements that form different types of humour. Don’t forget your trench coat! This programme offered by NUS’ Department of Biochemistry is all about aliens, contemplating everything from scientists’ efforts to find life on other planets to the very definition of life itself. Here at Seniorsays, we have collated the most recommended modules for you together with advice and reviews from your seniors (in no particular order): 1. I am a fresh graduate (year 2014) from Nanyang Technological University's (NTU) School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE). So if you’re a super zai yogi, do the complete move. As a UNSW Engineering student, you will be empowered to reach your full potential. NTU Modules/Electives Review by denise. Vulcan Post creates content to make smarter consumers and inspired entrepreneurs. There will be guest speaker to the lecture and they are real life police or doctor.

Workstream By Monoprice Ptz Conference Camera, Baylor Scholarships Calculator, 2007 Toyota Camry Headlight Bulb Size, Independent And Dependent Clauses Activities, Invidia Gemini 350z, 2007 Toyota Camry Headlight Bulb Size, Longest Golf Drive, Pella Order Status, Struggle Meaning In Malayalam, Pella Order Status,