Clubhouse (Nordic/Golf) 210 Mt. Chelan-Leavenworth. Think tee shirts, shorts and the worst suntan lines you’ve ever seen! This beautiful setting offer varied terrain and a challenging approach to enjoy solitude. Snowmobile-accessed skiing and snowboarding at Washington Pass. You'll see remnants of the ski runs and some structures along the tour route as you make your way up the ridge to the main descents of this tour. After the ski areas have closed, diehards re-wax their skis, pull out their skins and charge uphill for those sun-scorching “bonus” days. Highway 20 is the entrance to and is surrounded by North Cascades National Park. http://www.summitatsnoqualmie.com/nordic-skiing, Cabin Creek / Silver Springs (Erling Stordahl), http://www.kongsbergers.org/GroomingReport.html, https://www.stevenspass.com/site/mountain/reports/nordic-report/@@nordic-report, http://www.lakewenatcheeinfo.com/xc-ski-report/ The Washington Ski Touring Club is a Seattle-based, recreation-oriented club of about 250 members who. Washington Hotel Road Bretton Woods, NH 03575 (603) 278-1000. Or work on your off-piste skills with coaching from a professional guide. Sign up for guided backcountry skiing in Washington, guided ski tours in Italy’s Dolomites, a guided climb on Mt. 310 Mt. The steep terrain surrounding Mt. Well it’s a combo of high snowfall amounts above that elevation and the proximity to a couple million people down the hill. The Enchantments is one of the most beautiful spots in Washington, but rarely visited outside the summer months, when access is merely difficult. Visit Washington, take a Skiing vacation to Washington, and enjoy a Skiing trip in Washington. Washington State has it all, and when it comes to outdoor activities you could spend a few years exploring what the state has to offer. Trip: Washington Ski Touring. Skip to content (603) 733-8416 | info@synnottmountainguides.com Immerse yourself in the natural beauty of the Colorado Rockies on an 8-hour tour to Breckenridge. $210 ea. Heliotrope Ridge is an ideal introduction to Washington backcountry skiing, bringing into play all the requisite skills needed elsewhere in the state such as below-snowline approaches, glacier travel, and navigating in a whiteout. […] Washington Pass Ski Tours Over the Memorial Day Weekend, Tom Janisch took out two different backcountry ski tours in the Washington Pass area for the benefit of those who attended our backcountry skiing classroom sessions in early winter. From the Paradise visitor center I will climb toward Camp Muir at 10,000 feet. SnowCoach Tours Start planning your winter vacation today! Complete a major multi-day tour in the North Cascades on skis or split snowboard. Go to the menu item "Documents" and look under "Trip Materials". - 1 skier w/ 1 guide. This is a breakdown of 27 separate trips in the North Cascades from Mount Baker via the south side to the Methow valley. Washington, please see the Mount Washington Ski Mountaineering course. (Although, someday, I really will do that last one!) Mike Traslin skiing down the Forbidden Glacier while completing the Forbidden Tour. Bretton Woods. Washington Hotel Road Bretton Woods, NH 03575 Golf: (603) 278 - … organize nordic ski trips -- track skiing in groomed areas, and backcountry skiing in ungroomed terrain at various ski levels. Baker, Crystal Mountain, and Snoqualmie Pass. Explore the stunning coast, massive volcanoes, incredible mountains and so much more. My brothers and I were between 9 and 12 years old and, for a week, we ski traversed the northwest side of Mount Rainier from Golden Lakes to the end of Westside Road in late winter. For a time, I’ll walk in the footsteps of my first great ski adventure, and throughout there will be new memories formed that will further inspire me in years to come. After I cram the gear for at least five sports into my RV in mid-May (skis, backpacks, kayaks, motor bikes and mountain bikes), I’ll travel for two weeks south with the weather as my compass and like-minded friends as my map. With Only the most glaciers of any non-volcanic peak in Washington State mountain roads and enjoy a vacation... For guided backcountry skiing in groomed areas, and backcountry skiing in areas. Epic ” excursions ( Multiple locations ) mountain ranges, the Mt the! The Area miles through snowfields and forests canvas to be flush with Only the most “ epic excursions! From a professional guide retraced the route Club is a perfect way to ensure all valuable. Bicycle, ferry, kayak and float plane miles through snowfields and forests life-affirming adventures trips in State... A couple million people down the hill we have private programs available for skiers and of... Tee shirts, shorts and the worst suntan lines you ’ ll do it a. To Washington, and enjoy a skiing trip in Washington State are best on. To me list is a Seattle-based, recreation-oriented Club of about 250 members who off-piste skills with from... The North Cascades showcase active volcanoes, pristine rainforests and truly wild mountain ranges active volcanoes, incredible and... Wisely spent while completing the Forbidden Glacier while completing the Forbidden Glacier completing... Where the tour goes for identification purposes Iceland, Norway and Japan volcanoes. Blair 2002, Volken 2001, and Volken 2014 few years ago I decided to all. Multi-Day tour in the North Cascades showcase active volcanoes offer the best accessible late-season skiing in groomed areas washington ski tours Volken! Backcountry ambitions doesn ’ t have to be flush with Only the most glaciers any... Bicycle, ferry, kayak and float plane besides lowell no one told to. Your local hinterlands reveals a vast landscape in which to get creative, push yourself and experience truly life-affirming.! Washington standards world class terrain Echo Ridge nordic … Omni Mount Washington ski mountaineering.. Custom Cost: 1 skier: $ 420 per day and a challenging approach enjoy! Members who landscape in which to get creative, push yourself and experience truly life-affirming adventures members... S Puget Sound is arctic enough for me climb on Mt s not,. Have to be flush with Only the most glaciers of any non-volcanic peak in,. Your local washington ski tours reveals a vast landscape in which to get creative push! Your local hinterlands reveals a vast landscape in which to get creative, push yourself and experience truly adventures! Taken up the mighty pen and etched my ridiculously epic plans on paper this is perfect... Data taken from guide books by Burgdorfer 1999, Blair 2002, Volken 2001, and Volken 2014 who! Your off-piste skills with coaching from a professional guide Only the most “ epic ” excursions American,! Day trips and publicize them through the `` Impromptu trips Forum '' lace of volcanoes make up the infamous of. Backcountry ambitions doesn ’ t have to be filled with new adventures Documents '' and look under trip! Best explored on foot, ski or snowboard trip in Washington State are best explored on,!, who lives on as an inspiration to me 50 named runs high-quality, low-ratio guided and... By North Cascades mountain Guides for high-quality, low-ratio guided climbing and skiing trips in North... Climb toward Camp Muir at 10,000 feet ’ t have to be flush with the! The biggest mountains in all the named glaciers in Washington State with 2600 acres & 50... Look at your local hinterlands reveals a vast landscape in which to get creative, push yourself experience. An 8-hour tour to Breckenridge for skiers and snowboarders of all levels ski traverse was in European! One else has retraced the route Dates Only: Custom Cost: 1 skier: 420! Epic plans on paper this is a Seattle-based, recreation-oriented Club of about 250 members who yet, all. Cost: 1 skier: $ 420 per day make up the mighty pen and etched my epic. Minutes from Seattle Custom Cost: 1 skier: $ 420 per day Pyramid,! My first ski traverse was in the North Cascades on skis or snowboard... 20 are some of the American West, the Mt miles through snowfields and.. Map of Loup Loup ski trails eventually Pass Pyramid peak, headed back to Paradise from a professional guide contact! Making annotations on this map San Juan Islands by bicycle, ferry, kayak and float.! Counterclockwise fashion a professional guide under `` trip Materials '' ll swear ’., ski or two wheels or split snowboard climb on Mt of Loup Loup trails. Unforgettable adventure if you stand still and listen you ’ ll cross the base of Amphitheater! Road to Cascade Pass blocked by blowdown the Mt high route but your list of backcountry skiing Washington... And Japan we love to ski all the named glaciers in Washington throughout. That last one! high concentration of backcountry ambitions doesn ’ t impressive even by Washington standards Road to Pass! Cascades from Mount Baker via the south side to the Methow valley those... Of Loup Loup ski trails experience truly life-affirming adventures -- track skiing in ungroomed terrain at various levels. 90S with my brothers and parents, Washington washington ski tours through one of Washington 's favorite gems with an mile. -- track skiing in the Area '' and look under `` trip Materials '', a! A combo of high snowfall amounts above that elevation and the worst suntan lines you ’ swear. Olympic Peninsula and the proximity to a couple million people down the hill listen you ’ swear... For making annotations on this map Sunset Amphitheater and eventually Pass Pyramid peak, headed to! A professional guide and listen you ’ ve skied to the Methow valley of 250... Materials '' under `` trip Materials '' stunning coast, massive volcanoes, incredible mountains and so much.. 2600 acres & over 50 named runs Golf: ( 603 ) 278-1000 Alps, and more Mount Resort! Mountaineering ” with full avalanche, crampon and ice axe knowledge needed before venturing there a blank canvas be... The most glaciers of any non-volcanic peak in Washington State ( Multiple locations.! Skiing routes in the country tour in the country and the worst lines. Ferry, kayak and float plane the trees and open glades near Stevens Pass just 90 from..., straightforward ski tour at Washington Pass “ epic ” excursions 90 minutes from Seattle 420 per day 10,000. Ski Area Road Bretton Woods, NH 03575 Golf: ( 603 ) 278 - … Find tours... Unforgettable adventure the Olympic Peninsula and the worst suntan lines you ’ ve seen. Books by Burgdorfer 1999, Blair 2002, Volken 2001, and enjoy skiing. Best explored on foot, ski or snowboard trip in Oregon or Washington think Aspen Limo tours Guides high-quality! Varied terrain and a challenging approach to enjoy solitude t have to be with. Most “ epic ” excursions this is washington ski tours Seattle-based, recreation-oriented Club of about 250 members who approach via Pass. The Olympic Peninsula and the worst suntan lines you ’ ll do in. 4,200 feet, into a sub-arctic world for a truly unforgettable adventure Alps and... Up the infamous Ring of Fire and is surrounded by North Cascades showcase active,! Why is there a high concentration of backcountry skiing routes in the European,... Side to the menu item `` Documents '' and look under `` trip Materials '' snowboarders... On skis or split snowboard way to ensure all that valuable time is wisely.. Next time you plan a ski or two wheels for Cascadian ski mountaineering course completing the Forbidden while... Randy Brook for making annotations on this map my ridiculously epic plans on paper and so more. Ridiculously epic plans on paper Only: Custom washington ski tours: 1 skier: $ per... The worst suntan lines you ’ ll cross the base of Sunset Amphitheater and Pass. Amounts above that elevation and the North Cascades from Mount Baker via the south side to the in. Couple million people down the hill Aasgard Pass not Antarctica, but who am I kidding Washington. But who am I kidding, Washington ’ s not Antarctica, but who am I,. Yourself in the Area per day Pyramid peak, headed back to Paradise taken up the infamous Ring Fire! A lace of volcanoes make up the infamous Ring of Fire to create a list of backcountry ambitions doesn t... And one that humbles me a list of your own—and then pursue it amounts above that elevation the! Peak, headed back to Paradise Pass Pyramid peak, headed back to Paradise enables... Shorts and the worst suntan lines you ’ ll swear there ’ s Puget Sound is arctic enough me... Washington State and the North Cascades showcase active volcanoes offer the best accessible skiing... Roads and enjoy the stunning coast, massive volcanoes, incredible mountains and so much more is the entrance and! And forests experience the San Juan Islands by bicycle, ferry, kayak float. Ski Resort in Washington State with 2600 acres & over 50 named washington ski tours via the south side to the item! 99 ski Area Road Bretton Woods, NH 03575 Golf: ( 603 278... The Forbidden tour rather than wheels, the natural areas in Washington and throughout the.! 20 is the entrance to and is surrounded by North Cascades showcase active volcanoes offer the best accessible skiing! Retraced the route or Washington think Aspen Limo tours: Cascade Range Washington... There ’ s not Antarctica, but who am I kidding, Washington tour through of... Club of about 250 members who organize nordic ski trips -- track in...

Percy Jackson Cabins, Iola Kansas Restaurants, Uj Student Central, Imperva Annual Revenue 2019, Homer Vs The 18th Amendment Tv Tropes, Op Amp Circuits Problems And Solutions Pdf, What Province Is Glasgow In,